SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 88
December 24th, 2016 at 4:42:23 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

What part is untrue? Please point it out.
I don't care if you're offended, why
should I. I don't live in the same PC
world you do. Don't you think it odd
that every 4 years everybody but
everybody correctly assumes that
all minorities are behind the Dem
candidate, it's never even questioned?
Yet we never assume it about whites.
Why is that?

Ummmm..... we do assume it about the whites! You haven't read "If only whites were allowed to vote the Republicans would win every election without having to try?" Look at predominantly white states like Utah, Idaho, etc... Pacomartin can probably show us a map of the US if only the white votes were counted...... I'm not sure there would be a single state that Hillary would have carried. Probably Massachusetts.... NY, Cali
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 906
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
December 24th, 2016 at 10:40:40 AM permalink
As long as we're reviewing what terms are offensive these days, let me bounce this story off the forum for comment.

I mentioned to my son that I wanted to climb Squaw's Tit Peak in Arizona. He responded with, "The term 'squaw' has gone out of favor and is now considered an offensive." I was surprised that part of the peak's name was the offensive part.

Image source. Some sources have sanitized the name.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 402
December 24th, 2016 at 11:47:45 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Ummmm..... we do assume it about the whites! You haven't read "If only whites were allowed to vote the Republicans would win every election without having to try?"

Whoever said that is an idiot. Whites
got Obama elected twice, they voted
for him in droves.

"There are about 40 million Democrats in the US while there are only 30 million Republicans. There are about 38 million independents.'

According to Gallup, 60% of Dems are
white. The odds in any election is always
stacked against the Right. The advantage
is, way more Repubs vote on election
day, percentage wise. If as many Dems
voted, Repubs would never win anything.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 146
December 24th, 2016 at 11:54:16 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I was surprised that part of the peak's name was the offensive part.

If it would cause a class of 7th graders to start giggling there's only so much you can do to avoid the obvious.

Willkomen, bienvenue, welcome, Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 906
December 24th, 2016 at 12:12:17 PM permalink
Nice! That's even better than Indian D**k in the Grand Canyon.

It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 35
December 24th, 2016 at 12:18:14 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Voted for Obama twice and Hill
But
Never voted for Bill
Voted for Nader twice, Reagan, Jon Anderson, Bush sr, Dole

Wow, now that's consistent. Sounds like you have a firm grasp of the issues.
Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
December 24th, 2016 at 12:45:46 PM permalink

He responded with "The term 'squaw' has gone out of favor and is now considered an offensive."

Did you respond with pipe down chinaboy? ;)

BTW at least bobdancer said China MAN. I hear people call us whiteboys or peckerwoods all the time like it ain't no thang. Next to those Chinaman is kind of a compliment.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 35
December 24th, 2016 at 1:17:34 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Did you respond with pipe down chinaboy? ;)

BTW at least bobdancer said China MAN. I hear people call us whiteboys or peckerwoods all the time like it ain't no thang. Next to those Chinaman is kind of a compliment.

I thought of mentioning this earlier but decided against. It may be difficult to believe, but I'm not really the argumentative a-hole that I may seem to be. "Whiteboy" is quite insulting in some circles. It's not the word itself but rather the way in which it is used. Secretly tape a group of blacks in the hood and you will see. They do not use the term endearingly. In some environments, it's not much different than using the N-word, and will get you stabbed.
Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 24th, 2016 at 3:04:05 PM permalink
Quote: Puckerbutt

Happy holidays to you as well.

Herzlichen dank, mein fruend.

Quote: beachbumbabs

Where does that hatred even come from? That's the part I still don't get. It's not the nicknames and jokes. It's the anger and hatred of so many. Maybe it's easier to blame others instead of taking responsibility for one's own failings or difficulty. But in that case, the anger is really at themselves, and is misdirected to exterior targets. So maybe I should feel sorry for the self-delusional rather than their victims?

Some could be attributed to experience. I often support or try to champion Indian Country. I know a lot of glorious Natives that deserve celebrating, not even because they did something huge, but because they're doing life right. They live right, act right, and have resisted cultural pressures to hate English ways, or Englishers themselves. But on the inside, where I keep things hidden, I still hold a lot of anger towards my own race. Especially as a child, I was softer than any one of you here. Wide open heart. I remember being on the other rez at a playground when 4 or 5 other yutes headed my way. I was 9 or so. I got excited; someone to play with. And about the time they hit the gravel and that little tickle went off in my head, it was too late. 5 minutes later I had been restrained, strangled, beaten, and repeatedly spit in the face by my own people, for little other reason than I just "wasn't Indian enough".

I still carry that. And I do prejudge and stereotype the hell out of them. Any local event and I see a gaggle of them cuttin' it up and smoke dancin', I do wanna join. But... I just can't. It's a risk, a real risk, and I can no longer afford it. So when young women and/or little ol ladies give me the stink eye or curl a wing around their kid and draw them tight when I come through, it hurts, but I try not to judge. Who knows what terror my image awoke in them? Who knows what experience my presence reminds them off?

The rest? I'd wager more simplistic stupidity. I mean, I go off on anti-gunners all the time, because most of their stance seems to revolve 100% around what they see in the movies (not necessarily speaking of those I've argued with here). I see it plain as day, because I'm familiar with this topic, and what they say has literally no basis in reality, though does fit numerous plot lines we've all seen. And seeing this, and in looking at how much media in all forms shapes our lives, I do think some just go with their "experience", this time in quotes because it's not real "experience". I mean, everyone knows a black man in a hoody and sagging jeans is 100% a gang banger, right? /rolleyes

I can't speak for everyone or yours, but the real racists I know are cripplingly stupid. Like, literally have no ability to think, and can only parrot, or form very rudimentary, simple ideas. I can only feel sorry for these types, and whatever anger I may have is completely assuaged knowing that whatever bad I may want to do to them is completely eclipsed by the position they intentionally put themselves in.

As long as we're reviewing what terms are offensive these days, let me bounce this story off the forum for comment.

I mentioned to my son that I wanted to climb Squaw's Tit Peak in Arizona. He responded with, "The term 'squaw' has gone out of favor and is now considered an offensive." I was surprised that part of the peak's name was the offensive part.

Squaw is a real word from the Natives 'round my parts, and simply means "woman". There is nothing in the language that is offensive or insulting.

Rather, the insult came by way of time and usage. Perhaps a good comparison is the word "mathlete". I've used "mathlete" because I thought it was slick. I know the time, energy, and blood, sweat, and tears I put in to become an athlete, so when I used mathlete, it was in no way a slight and very much my intention to form a bond. A sort of "I see your success and I applaud you". It wasn't until teliot expressed umbrage and explained why he felt the way he did that I saw that side of it. The intention of the word was just as I thought, to convey a sense of respect and acknowledge that you have done something impressive. But the word was sort of co-opted by those seeking to disparage, and the word has been lost to the haters.

Squaw is just like that. It means no more or less than "woman", but after a couple hundred years of using it as a disparaging term, it's now considered a "slight" or "offense".
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 402
December 24th, 2016 at 5:31:33 PM permalink
Face said:

"I can't speak for everyone or yours, but the real racists I know are cripplingly stupid. Like, literally have no ability to think, and can only parrot, or form very rudimentary, simple ideas."

That's why I laugh when the Left calls
Trump a bigot. Do you know how far
you get in life the last 40 years if you're
a true race hating bigot? You might
own a car wash, that's about it.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: