Kickass
Kickass
  • Threads: 11
Thanked by
onenickelmiracleZuga
December 20th, 2016 at 3:16:53 PM permalink
In the December 15, 2016 show, Bob said "Would it likely be easier for a wealthy Chinaman..." at around "32:45".

Just to state the obvious. I'm a Chinese American and I found it odd/uncomfortable to hear this term in a public radio show. Do you guys use this term in your daily conversation? If so, do you know the history behind it?
Leave Katie alone. Rasul: Or what? Or I come back and break your F** legs
IndyJeffrey
IndyJeffrey
  • Threads: 13
December 20th, 2016 at 3:47:09 PM permalink
It was probably used more 40 years ago. I don't know Bob, but I don't believe he meant it in any derogatory way. It could be seen as insensitive or inappropriate in 2016, for certain.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 20th, 2016 at 5:00:21 PM permalink
It's a changing world; used to be OK to call an ethnic Chinese an "oriental," but not any more.
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 20th, 2016 at 5:21:36 PM permalink
I'm Irish and have no problem with someone calling me a whatever Irishman.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
Zuga
December 20th, 2016 at 5:21:52 PM permalink
I'm Chinese American , born in Taiwan and raised in the USA
I'm ok with Chinaman or Oriental
I don't use these terms
I use Chinese or Vietnamese or Korean ect
Or I use Asian
I'm also ok with Charlie Chan movies
Watched them growing up
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 20th, 2016 at 6:24:59 PM permalink
I never stopped using Chinaman. There are
restaurants, like this one in FL, that have
Chinaman as their name. How bad can it
be.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chinaman-World-Famous-Cheeseburger-and-Fries/558710500906727
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 20th, 2016 at 7:52:37 PM permalink
Nope, not Chinaman or Oriental. Some people just can't use a new term no matter what you recommend. My sister says colored and oriental, that's all she can remember. The only place I ever remembered hearing Chinaman was The Big Lebowski. Seriously though Chinaman is so not offensive, at least in my mind, can't see a negative connotation, it's nothing even close to Chink, a word never to be used in front of Asians. Maybe Jap is off limits, not sure, but I wouldn't say that either. They can all be used innocently by some people who just dont mean to offend.
I am a robot.
MrV
MrV
December 21st, 2016 at 12:17:07 AM permalink
Back when "Bonanza" was on: I considered Hop-Sing to be a "Chinaman."
Last edited by: MrV on Dec 21, 2016
"What, me worry?"
terapined
terapined
December 21st, 2016 at 4:14:56 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Nope, not Chinaman or Oriental. .

I just don't get what is offensive with the term Oriental
It doesn't bother me or my mother who is full blooded Chinese.
I am a fan of history
I remember the orient express. I or my mother was never offended by the name on the train.

What does bothers me is a private message from EB today on this site full of hate for me on this subject
I was really taken aback by the PM
wow
If I get suspended for revealing this, so be it
Last edited by: terapined on Dec 21, 2016
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
December 21st, 2016 at 4:49:16 AM permalink
Ok I am confused. Why is Chinaman offensive if the person you are describing IS from China? Obviously if you were to call a Korean person a Chinaman, then that could be taken offensively.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
terapined
terapined
December 21st, 2016 at 4:57:31 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

Ok I am confused. Why is Chinaman offensive if the person you are describing IS from China? .

I don't get it either and I was born in the Republic of China (not the Peoples Republic of China)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 21st, 2016 at 5:11:06 AM permalink
Could be worse, this classic Cheesesteak shop in Philly had to change its name and lost business.

http://www.philly.com/philly/food/Chinks-Steaks-changing-its-name.html
Last edited by: Boz on Dec 21, 2016
terapined
terapined
December 21st, 2016 at 5:21:31 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Could be worse, this classic Cheessteak shop in Philly had to change its name and lost business.

http://www.philly.com/philly/food/Chinks-Steaks-changing-its-name.html

If you are not eating at Pats Steaks, you not having a genuine Philly Steak and cheese
I remember when NBA star John Havelich retired, last 2 months of his final season was treated as a farewell tour.
In Philly, he was presented at center court before the game with a take out order from Pats Steaks :-)
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
December 21st, 2016 at 6:08:44 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I am a fan of history
I remember the orient express. I or my mother was never offended by the name on the train.

Although, I find it interesting that the "Orient Express" went only as far east as Constantinople.

I once heard that the term "Oriental" is only appropriate when describing rugs, and that "Asian" was the preferred term. I guess each individual has his opinion on the subject. I have no problem using a term that a listener would prefer, even if it is different than what I am used to, but I can't always know what they would prefer! I also applaud people who do not take offense when none is intended.

Quote:

What does bothers me is a private message from EB today on this site full of hate for me on this subject
wow

Well, that sucks! I hope you can let it go. I know you post a lot in the political threads here. I can't say that I agree with some of your positions, but you put forth thoughtful arguments. I don't ever recall you being disrespectful to anyone.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 21st, 2016 at 6:35:32 AM permalink

If you are not eating at Pats Steaks, you not having a genuine Philly Steak and cheese
I remember when NBA star John Havelich retired, last 2 months of his final season was treated as a farewell tour.
In Philly, he was presented at center court before the game with a take out order from Pats Steaks :-)

Are you from Philly? You must not be from Philly. Pat's and Gino's are garbage. Chinks is great though.

I'll even go a step further and not even recxomend a cheesesteak if you are in the city. There is a much better sandwich. Dinic's pork with provolone and long hots. John's roast pork is a good runner up.

Back on topic....growing up in a pretty diverse area, I found that 99% of people do not take offense to racial slurs in/of themselves. It all depends on the context. If you are legitimately being hateful towards someone, of course they are going to get upset.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 21st, 2016 at 6:36:51 AM permalink
Asian is a word that means vastly different things in different countries. In the UK it usually means Pakistani.

Oriental and Occidental are problematical unless there is a reference point. You can get there from either direction you know.

For some people you just don't have a Chinaman's Chance of changing their minds. Negroes, ooops blacks, object to Stepin' Fetchett caricatures, Chinese never seemed to complain about 'Heyboy' in 'Have Gun, Will Travel'. San Francisco had Chinese owned opium dens and Mahjong Parlors, but even the wealthy owners who could speak English perfectly would customarily revert to a No Tickee, No Shirtee when traveling.

As to Republic of China and Peoples Republic of China ... their is meeting abuot that scheduled to take place in Donald Trump's New Amsterdam.
Wiggins
Wiggins
  • Threads: 1
December 21st, 2016 at 7:04:35 AM permalink
Maybe "Chinaman" isn't as offensive as some other pejorative terms, but I've never heard it used by anyone I have an ounce of respect for. I found a great thread on another forum. I can't post links due to my low post count but if you google "chinaman offensive" it's the second result. Here is one of the best posts:

Quote:

"Chinaman", when directed at an Asian-American, is insulting because:

1) If the person is not ethnically Chinese, you've not only demonstrated you can't tell the difference between Asians, but you're also saying there's no significant difference. That not only do all Asians look alike, they are culturally the same.

2) If the person is ethnically Chinese but identifies as American, you've told them that their ethnicity will always separate them from Americans no matter how long ago their ancestors came here or how immersed they are in American culture.

3) "Chinaman" implies a person from China, not just of Chinese ancestry, which implies that to you, no matter how Americanized they are or what their citizenship is or anything, they will always be an outsider who doesn't belong in America.

It's most definitely not a term whose degree of offensiveness is dictated by usage or context. I cannot think of any situation in which an Asian-American being called a Chinaman would be inoffensive. It's true that anyone using the term "Chinaman" reveals a lot more about himself than it insults the speaker, but that doesn't take away from the negative connotations of the term.

terapined
terapined
December 21st, 2016 at 7:18:25 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Are you from Philly? You must not be from Philly. Pat's and Gino's are garbage. Chinks is great though.

I'll even go a step further and not even recxomend a cheesesteak if you are in the city. There is a much better sandwich. Dinic's pork with provolone and long hots. John's roast pork is a good runner up.

Back on topic....growing up in a pretty diverse area, I found that 99% of people do not take offense to racial slurs in/of themselves. It all depends on the context. If you are legitimately being hateful towards someone, of course they are going to get upset.

From Maryland living in Florida but I did go to Drexel U right in the city.
It was interesting time living in Philly
The Black radical group "Move" had a fortified house a block from my dorm in Powelton Village section of Philly
I thought the Pats Cheese steak I had with onions and provolone was excellent

I totally agree with "It all depends on the context" regarding the use of "Chinaman" and other racial descriptions
MrV
MrV
Thanked by
Boz
December 21st, 2016 at 7:43:13 AM permalink
For the "real" Philadelphia experience, you have to get up early New Year's Day morning, get to center city, and catch some of that little-known but oh, so bizarre Philadelphia tradition, The Mummers Parade.

Oh, those string bands!
"What, me worry?"
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
December 21st, 2016 at 7:46:14 AM permalink
I didn't hear that episode, so I don't know the context. But, I see nothing inherently wrong with it. I know Chinese-American is the correct term, but that is not right if the man is from China.

If he was talking about a wealthy male visitor from China, how else would he say the term? Are you supposed to say "male Chinese National". Chinaman is easier, just like Irishman, Brit, neither of those are politically correct, but it keeps things easier for quick statements.

I have even heard Donald Trump say Chinaman (I think even "wealthy Chinaman"), many public figures use it. I don't know the context, but I doubt that they had bad intentions.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
IndyJeffrey
December 21st, 2016 at 7:54:51 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

...I have even heard Donald Trump say Chinaman (I think even "wealthy Chinaman"), many public figures use it. I don't know the context, but I doubt that they had bad intentions.

I would NOT use what trump says as a base line for politically correct... Otherwise we should all start grabbing 'em by the p****.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
billryan
billryan
December 21st, 2016 at 9:29:19 AM permalink
If Bob were referring to a wealthy man from China, calling him Chinese-American would be both wrong and stupid.
I'm not an Irish-American. I'm an American of Irish descent, even though I was born in neither.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 21st, 2016 at 9:34:54 AM permalink

I am a fan of history

wow
If I get suspended for revealing this, so be it

I think the reason is the term really only describes people as a group with one less eyelid fold. Asian can mean anyone from Asia, including Indians, but Oriental only includes yellow skinned, foldless eyed people. Basically you're making reference to a group by common ethnic appearances. It's more polite doing the same thing, but using geography. Oriental is linked to the old days, when only whites had rights. Think that is another aspect.
I am a robot.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
TropicalElectriZuga
December 21st, 2016 at 9:56:04 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

If Bob were referring to a wealthy man from China, calling him Chinese-American would be both wrong and stupid.
I'm not an Irish-American. I'm an American of Irish descent, even though I was born in neither.

I am actually biracial - Irish/Chinese
A friend once joked that I like beer with my rice :-)
billryan
billryan
December 21st, 2016 at 11:12:06 AM permalink

A friend once joked that I like beer with my rice :-)

There are only two types of people.
Those who are Irish, and those who wish they were.
Ni leor teanga amhain.
Cead mile failte
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
December 21st, 2016 at 11:22:08 AM permalink
I think when the name isn't chosen by the selected group, it can become offensive just for that reason alone. Especially, if they already have a selected designation.

Then if you're kicked in the head while being called something, you're likely to get a bad association with the term, no matter what it is.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
December 21st, 2016 at 11:48:21 AM permalink
Quote: Wiggins

Maybe "Chinaman" isn't as offensive as some other pejorative terms, but I've never heard it used by anyone I have an ounce of respect for. I found a great thread on another forum. I can't post links due to my low post count but if you google "chinaman offensive" it's the second result. Here is one of the best posts:

1) If the person is not ethnically Chinese, you've not only demonstrated you can't tell the difference between Asians, but you're also saying there's no significant difference. That not only do all Asians look alike, they are culturally the same.

2) If the person is ethnically Chinese but identifies as American, you've told them that their ethnicity will always separate them from Americans no matter how long ago their ancestors came here or how immersed they are in American culture.

3) "Chinaman" implies a person from China, not just of Chinese ancestry, which implies that to you, no matter how Americanized they are or what their citizenship is or anything, they will always be an outsider who doesn't belong in America.

Those are all cases of inventing a narrative, or putting thoughts into another person's mind, so that you get to feel offended. Ultra P.C. people are like bad girlfriends that way.

There are very obvious counter examples, about how we describe Italian Americans, or how a Canadian would be thought of in China. Jeez, I recently talked with a black woman who went to China and was telling me how people kept asking to take a picture with her just because they'd never seen a black person before. She thought it was a little annoying, but wasn't offended.

Some people just stop changing the way the speak as they get older. Other people think it's colorful to use outdated terms, like chinaman, that don't really have any venom in them.

You can certainly argue that it is inconsiderate. I'll generally call people whatever they seem to like being called, though that gets tricky too. Like you say "native American," then they say "Indian." Do you now switch?

Anyway, you can't just assert that someone is sending such and such message, or expressing such and such belief, because it makes you feel self righteous to do so. Either someone is being hateful, or they are not. The reasons they use the term are the real reasons they use the term. The reasons you make up and assign to them are the fabrications of an addled mind.

"It's most definitely not a term whose degree of offensiveness is dictated by usage or context. I cannot think of any situation in which an Asian-American being called a Chinaman would be inoffensive."

I can think of a very obvious one. You know each other and they don't find it offensive. I used to have mostly Asian co-workers and it went way, way beyond that.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 21st, 2016 at 11:54:13 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I think the reason is the term really only describes people as a group with one less eyelid fold. Asian can mean anyone from Asia, including Indians, but Oriental only includes yellow skinned, foldless eyed people. Basically you're making reference to a group by common ethnic appearances. It's more polite doing the same thing, but using geography. Oriental is linked to the old days, when only whites had rights. Think that is another aspect.

Does that classification include Koreans, Vietnamese, Thais and even Japanese?
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
December 21st, 2016 at 12:19:48 PM permalink
It just sounds ignorant. You might say Irishman but you don't say Irelandman. A man from China is a Chinese man.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 21st, 2016 at 12:59:06 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

It just sounds ignorant. You might say Irishman but you don't say Irelandman. A man from China is a Chinese man.

I suppose there's a grammatical or intellectual argument, but I really can't see someone who is from China being up in arms about the term Chinaman. Sure there are better ways to say it, but that's far different from being offensive.

I guess it could cross that line in situations where people refer to ANY person of Asian decent as a Chinaman, regardless if they are from China, Japan, Korea, etc etc etc.

Ever traveled outside the US? I promise you'll be called a Yank at least once.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 1:29:30 PM permalink

I never sent you a PM on this site. I sent
one on DT saying that Asian Americans
are even more in the tank for Dems than
Latinos. That they blindly vote for Dems
no matter what, god knows why, and
don't seem capable of original political
thought. No hatred, just facts. Whenever
the majority of a nationality votes for one
party every single time, something is
wrong somewhere, wouldn't you agree?
Whites don't do that, we seem capable
of weighing the candidates on merits,
not on party. I voted Obama in 08, I voted
Carter in 76, I supported Humphrey in 68.

Just a few months ago, the media was crowing
every day that blacks, Asians and Latinos were
totally in the tank for Hillary, Trump would
get none of their votes. We heard it every
day. Doesn't it bother you to be so cookie
cutter pigeon holed as a non thinking 'follow
the heard' voter? It would drive me nuts, but
the minorities seem proud of it. I guess that's
part of the whole package. All the heavy
lifting has been done for you, why question it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/04/opinion/why-are-asian-americans-such-loyal-democrats.html?_r=0
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
December 21st, 2016 at 1:35:55 PM permalink
This Wikipedia article has the vote broken down by a bunch of different demographics, in case anyone is interested in actual facts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 1:36:27 PM permalink

So you were born in Ireland to an Irish
father and Chinese mother? I don't
think so. You're Chinese/Irish who's
an American now. Odd that you didn't
know this. Are you ashamed of being
half Chinese, is that why you put Irish
first?
JimRockford
JimRockford
December 21st, 2016 at 2:28:44 PM permalink

I suppose there's a grammatical or intellectual argument, but I really can't see someone who is from China being up in arms about the term Chinaman. Sure there are better ways to say it, but that's far different from being offensive.

I guess it could cross that line in situations where people refer to ANY person of Asian decent as a Chinaman, regardless if they are from China, Japan, Korea, etc etc etc.

I can't speak to its offensiveness. I just think it sounds redneck.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 2:34:03 PM permalink

I can't speak to its offensiveness. I just think it sounds redneck.

I'm not even offended when I'm called
a cracker or a honky by blacks. I don't
even know what those terms mean,
neither do they. They're just silly words.

Edited: Cracker is more an insult in the
South than the North. The guy who
handled the whip in slave times used
to 'crack' it all the time and was called
the cracker. Us in the North never had
slaves, it's not an insult to us.
JimRockford
JimRockford
December 21st, 2016 at 2:34:16 PM permalink

I've been called gwilo in Hong Kong and it was not meant to be good natured.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 2:45:01 PM permalink

I've been called gwilo in Hong Kong and it was not meant to be good natured.

I was called a haole (howly) the whole time
I lived in Hawaii. And not the good kind.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
tringlomane
December 21st, 2016 at 3:05:05 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I never sent you a PM on this site. I sent
one on DT . No hatred, just facts. 0

What you wrote
"You're from China? That explains why you're
such a Kool Aid drinking eyes squeezed shut
Lib. Asian are more in the tank for Dems than
Latinos are. You're brainwashed, it explains
everything. You're incapable of original
political thought."

Kool aid drinking is a fact?
Eyes squeezed shut lib is a fact?
I'm brainwashed is a fact?

They are all LIES

You sent me an IM to insult me. Read it. Its Obvious
You hate me, fine. I expect it from a hateful person like you

I think me posting the IM is fine since EB lied and said the IM was just facts
If I get suspended or nuked, so be it
terapined
terapined
December 21st, 2016 at 3:07:04 PM permalink

So you were born in Ireland to an Irish
father and Chinese mother? I don't
think so. You're Chinese/Irish who's
an American now. Odd that you didn't
know this. Are you ashamed of being
half Chinese, is that why you put Irish
first?

I was born in the Republic of China
My father was Irish/American
My mother is Chinese
I'm proud to be biracial
Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
December 21st, 2016 at 3:20:56 PM permalink

Asian Americans [...]
don't seem capable of original political
thought. [...]
Whites don't do that, we seem capable
of weighing the candidates on merits

Just making the case to you Bob, that you are a racist. (Everyone else knows already.) Read your own quote. Well, your mind has probably already made up some kind of deflection.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 3:27:01 PM permalink

Absolutely. How else do you explain minorities
being in the tank for one party decade after
decade. Deep thinking about issues? Picking
the best candidate after painstaking deliberation?

Nooooooo.. You're ethnic group determines how
most minority members will vote, nothing else.
Donald Duck could be your nominee and you
would say he's the best candidate ever. You can't help
yourself, it's not your fault.
Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
December 21st, 2016 at 3:28:23 PM permalink

What you wrote
"You're from China? That explains why you're
such a Kool Aid drinking eyes squeezed shut
Lib. Asian are more in the tank for Dems than
Latinos are. You're brainwashed, it explains
everything. You're incapable of original
political thought."

They are all LIES

You sent me an IM to insult me. Read it. Its Obvious
You hate me, fine. I expect it from a hateful person like you

I think me posting the IM is fine since EB lied and said the IM was just facts
If I get suspended or nuked, so be it

Terapined broke the rule of not publicizing a PM, but I much more worried about racist hate speech by EvenBob. Is it the policy of this site that "anything goes in a PM"? Michael, this is crazy. I really hope you will draw a line here. Make a new rule if you need to, but if you don't step in here, you condone this kind of behavior on your site. (Not even Zuckerberg can get away with this anymore.)
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 3:30:37 PM permalink

I was born in the Republic of China
My father was Irish/American
My mother is Chinese
I'm proud to be biracial

But you're not Irish/Chinese, as you stated.
You weren't born in Ireland, you're Chinese/
Irish.

If you mother was German and your father
Irish, and you were born in Germany, you're
German/Irish. Has nobody explained this to
you before?
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 3:34:18 PM permalink
Quote: Canyonero

Terapined broke the rule of not publicizing a PM, but I much more worried about racist hate speech by EvenBob.

Please point out the hate speech, Mr
PC. I don't see it. Do you even know
what hate speech looks like, or are
you one of those that thinks any time
you mention another race you're
hating. Do you deny that minorities
are brainwashed to vote the same
way in every single election? What
else would you call it.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 21st, 2016 at 4:38:24 PM permalink
EB. Stop it. Drop it. Right now. You've made your factual point such as it is. Your PM was offensive to terapined. If he's made a complaint over on DT, you may face a suspension there. I don't know.

terapined, I don't have a choice. 3 day suspension for publishing a PM without the concurrence of the author.

There is a one-way application in effect for DT vs WoV. The PM was from there, but made public here, breaking both forum rules. The contents of the PM, if they offended you enough to do so, should be brought to the DT moderators' attention.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 4:44:57 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

terapined, I don't have a choice. 3 day suspension for publishing a PM without the concurrence of the author.

I don't care that he posted it, there's
nothing hateful there. The truth is the
truth. He has my permission in retrospect.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
December 21st, 2016 at 5:01:18 PM permalink

Quote: beachbumbabs

EB. Stop it. Drop it. Right now. You've made your factual point such as it is. Your PM was offensive to terapined. If he's made a complaint over on DT, you may face a suspension there. I don't know.

There is a one-way application in effect for DT vs WoV. The PM was from there, but made public here, breaking both forum rules. The contents of the PM, if they offended you enough to do so, should be brought to the DT moderators' attention.

I don't give a shit about whether Terapined chooses to be "offended" by that sickening toxic dreck or not; he performed a public service by revelealing that disgusting crap. I am offended by it, as a human being. It would get you immediately and permanently frog marked out of every poker room I ever play in, as it damn well should, and fired from any job I can think of, as it must. And now we get to see if this site is capable of exercising a negligible level of judgment slightly above that of an extremely screwed up child, obviously far below the bare minimum generally expected of any competent responsible person toward any other, anywhere, ever. The tentative answer appears to be "no, minimal judgement appears to be completely absent or has been made utterly impossible."
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Dec 21, 2016
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
billryan
billryan
December 21st, 2016 at 5:46:24 PM permalink

But you're not Irish/Chinese, as you stated.
You weren't born in Ireland, you're Chinese/
Irish.

If you mother was German and your father
Irish, and you were born in Germany, you're
German/Irish. Has nobody explained this to
you before?

Because all African-Americans were born in Africa, right?
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 21st, 2016 at 5:48:06 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

he performed a public service by revelealing that disgusting crap. I am offended by it,

What part is untrue? Please point it out.
I don't care if you're offended, why
should I. I don't live in the same PC
world you do. Don't you think it odd
that every 4 years everybody but
everybody correctly assumes that
all minorities are behind the Dem
candidate, it's never even questioned?
Yet we never assume it about whites.
Why is that?
  • Jump to: