trance, and afterwards he wasn't even really aware of how
much money changed hands.

I've seen people play like that and they have a gambling
problem. My wife is one of them. She's in a trancelike
state when she plays slots. You can't talk to her, reason
with her, or get her to stop. I said here before that one time
I resorted to taking her bucket away and throwing it, with
quarters flying everywhere.

Does Teddy ever feel like he's out of control when he plays?

Good question, but who's gonna admit they have a gambling problem, especially on the radio with two others who live in Las Vegas, one of which has this forum and the other who can't stop playing the "crack cocaine of gambling"? Then again, your question was well set up by the post about the homeless fellow who plays plus EV video poker. That says it all.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 15th, 2013 at 1:37:10 PM permalink
Quote: iluvdisco33

Good question, but who's gonna admit they have a gambling problem, especially on the radio with two others who live in Las Vegas, one of which has this forum and the other who can't stop playing the "crack cocaine of gambling"? Then again, your question was well set up by the post about the homeless fellow who plays plus EV video poker. That says it all.

That "homeless fellow" was Teddy. SOOPOO was making a joke, since Teddy didn't have a "home" at the time.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 17th, 2013 at 5:00:48 PM permalink
I'll be listening at 10pm EST. Teddy is new at this,
don't let him ramble on incoherently, and don't
let him give short answers. Guide him, manage
him like a good radio host.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
whatme
whatme
  • Threads: 8
January 17th, 2013 at 7:50:26 PM permalink
Nice interview. It was well done.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2013 at 7:54:39 PM permalink
Here I go, the contrarian. I was disappointed in the interview.
Way too much about Jeopardy. I don't care about how to get
on the show or what it entails, does anybody? I mean you guys
went on and on about it. I wanted to hear about what Teddy
did in Vegas. I wanted to hear about losing his BR. He barely
touched on it and we know its a pretty huge deal to him. I
was hoping Ted would tell us the about the hotels he stayed in,
the best and the worst. How did it feel to have to constantly
move.

But Bob let us know he became a millionaire from VP, that he's
a genius or thinks he's one, and he would never play like Teddy
at a 'subsistence' level. Goody for him. Does Bob eat while he's
doing the show? He sounds like he's eating something when
he talks, or has a sucker in his mouth or is chewing gum. Its
very annoying.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 17th, 2013 at 7:59:23 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

very annoying.

LOL! Seriously, Teddy or Elliot need to co-host the show with the Wiz. Other than the complaints mentioned by EB, I thought it was a great show.
100% risk of ruin
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
January 17th, 2013 at 8:16:02 PM permalink

Here I go, the contrarian. I was disappointed in the interview.
Way too much about Jeopardy. I don't care about how to get
on the show or what it entails, does anybody? I mean you guys
went on and on about it. I wanted to hear about what Teddy
did in Vegas. I wanted to hear about losing his BR. He barely
touched on it and we know its a pretty huge deal to him. I
was hoping Ted would tell us the about the hotels he stayed in,
the best and the worst. How did it feel to have to constantly
move.

very annoying.

You nailed it! I was a loyal listener, but can't stand Dancer anymore.
He drives me nuts! I quit listening months ago.

I was tempted to listen to this show, since I am very interested in Teddy's
Vegas adventures. But I have no interest hearing Dancer yaking about
Jeopardy or VP.

Thanks for saving me the aggravation.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
January 17th, 2013 at 8:23:39 PM permalink
http://www.goodshooter.com/ahigh/teddys_radio_interview.mp3
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2013 at 8:35:50 PM permalink
I just looked at the recording and Jeopardy was discussed
for 8min. I forgot Dancer had to get a jab in at people who
post on WoV. He just can't understand how so many people
spend time on these forums. Priceless..
iluvdisco33
iluvdisco33
  • Threads: 1
January 17th, 2013 at 9:10:57 PM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

You nailed it! I was a loyal listener, but can't stand Dancer anymore.
He drives me nuts! I quit listening months ago.

I was tempted to listen to this show, since I am very interested in Teddy's
Vegas adventures. But I have no interest hearing Dancer yaking about
Jeopardy or VP.

Thanks for saving me the aggravation.

I have to agree. I couldn't care less about Jeopardy and I wanted to hear more about Teddy the gambler. He's an interesting and popular character here and we've had only a glimpse or two into parts of his life on the forum. Dancer is a total turnoff. How sick is everyone of having to be lectured about his million dollars in vp when other forums are explaining how he inherited that dough? Who knows and who cares, other than when somebody has to keep bringing it up ad nausea there's a good chance he ain't all that.

Very disappointing.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 17th, 2013 at 9:11:41 PM permalink
Back from the show. Glad people listened. I like Bob (He bought me dinner). He interjects a pretty good sense of humor (even though it is mostly at the expense of the other). Too be honest, the Wizard and me can be kind of too dry and "nice" at times. I hoped the Jeopardy stuff would be short but it went on too long. I would have preferred more gambling/hotel/comp topics. When Bob started talking about his cataracts, though . . . Oh, and it turned into Loveline at the end, lol :)
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
January 17th, 2013 at 9:14:00 PM permalink
Thanks for the link Aaron!
Man Teddy, did Bill ever step on your parade of Jeopardy!
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2013 at 9:25:53 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

I would have preferred more gambling/hotel/comp topics.

If Bob can stand it, cause you were on Jeopardy twice,
go back on and talk more about living in Vegas on
comps, or how you lost your BR. Hotel stories, you
must have lots of stuff.
Ahigh
Ahigh
January 17th, 2013 at 10:13:26 PM permalink
Yeah, the three of you were like a chord in D minor.

It did seem like Bob felt the need to compare himself to you in too many ways resulting in a sorting beating dissonance of sorts.

I think the most appropriate thing to do would be to win TEN MILLION dollars before you go back on and talk smack to that Bob dude.

LOL.
aahigh.com
deedubbs
deedubbs
  • Threads: 21
January 17th, 2013 at 10:18:33 PM permalink
I am noticing a lot of remaining demand for Teddy info... move over Adam Carrolla... let the "Teddy's Weekly Vegas Adventure" podcast begin!
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2013 at 10:36:34 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

It did seem like Bob felt the need to compare himself to you in too many ways
LOL.

When I listened to it a 2nd time, when Mike wonders how
many people have come to Vegas with a small BR and
done the same thing Teddy did, I heard in background
'I did', coming from Bob. I missed that the first time.
MaShuai
MaShuai
  • Threads: 7
January 17th, 2013 at 10:44:52 PM permalink
That's damn right. I've been listening for months and have yet to see what Dancer brings to the show. The show is called Gambling With An Edge, not Video Poker with an edge. Or Backgammon with an Edge. Dancer is far too limited to share the mike with the likes of the Wiz and Munchkin. Those are the two guys who should be hosting the show. Dancer is the weak link.
You got to play the hand that's dealt you, that's what the old man always said.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 18th, 2013 at 12:20:00 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

http://www.goodshooter.com/ahigh/teddys_radio_interview.mp3

thanks.

btw, the very end of the show should be included. After the Ad Bob reads they kill the remaining time with some interesting stuff, and sometimes the guest participates in that. It can be a couple of minutes. I will check back with one of the other links when available, sometimes it's pretty good.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
January 18th, 2013 at 5:43:57 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

Back from the show. Glad people listened. I like Bob (He bought me dinner). He interjects a pretty good sense of humor (even though it is mostly at the expense of the other). Too be honest, the Wizard and me can be kind of too dry and "nice" at times. I hoped the Jeopardy stuff would be short but it went on too long. I would have preferred more gambling/hotel/comp topics. When Bob started talking about his cataracts, though . . . Oh, and it turned into Loveline at the end, lol :)

Ted, you did very well. I really appreciated the discussion of how you shared some of your good fortune with those less fortunate.

It is harder than most realize to handle interview questions as thoughtfully as you just did last night. Congrats.

And best of luck with the Bar. You aced those questions too... ;-)
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
January 18th, 2013 at 5:53:36 AM permalink
Quote: MaShuai

That's damn right. I've been listening for months and have yet to see what Dancer brings to the show. The show is called Gambling With An Edge, not Video Poker with an edge. Or Backgammon with an Edge. Dancer is far too limited to share the mike with the likes of the Wiz and Munchkin. Those are the two guys who should be hosting the show. Dancer is the weak link.

This was the first time for me hearing this show...being from the great white north. But that bob dancer fella..... he really needs to grow up. I'm a millionaire, I did it,cant understand people who spend all their time one those sites(this one) and on and on. And lets not forget you stated those sites in the wrong order.

PODCASTS with THE WIZARD I could go for that
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
January 18th, 2013 at 6:05:06 AM permalink

Does Bob eat while he's
very annoying.

I just signed on to ask this question! Bob - are we morphing into one..? lol
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
January 18th, 2013 at 6:11:03 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

This was the first time for me hearing this show...being from the great white north. But that bob dancer fella..... he really needs to grow up. I'm a millionaire, I did it,cant understand people who spend all their time one those sites(this one) and on and on. And lets not forget you stated those sites in the wrong order.

PODCASTS with THE WIZARD I could go for that

Without us loyal forum posters, who would be listening to the show - I am not sure Bob has a forum as popular as WoV - and WoV members probably account for most of the ratings for the show. I like Bob's quips now and then but stating that forum members have nothing better to do in life - please. We post here as an outlet for our thoughts and to learn more about the games we play. Additionally, I think his constant comparing of himself to guests comes across as a desperate attempt to validate himself. A good host should encourage the guests and let them shine...this, I feel, is lacking from Bob.
bbvk05
bbvk05
  • Threads: 7
January 18th, 2013 at 7:52:34 AM permalink
Quote: MaShuai

I don't really agree. Dancer is both interesting and knowledgeable. He obviously thinks a lot of himself and some people let that bother them too much.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 18th, 2013 at 9:07:58 AM permalink
Quote: bbvk05

I don't really agree. Dancer is both interesting and knowledgeable.

I concur. Most of you guys are coming across as 'wizard-groupie homers". lol

I began listening to GWAE shortly after I moved to Vegas 3 years ago. At that time the show was hosted By Dancer and Frank Kneeland and the focus was almost entirely on video poker. Mr Munchkin and Mr Shackleford were both huge improvements as co-hosts because they expand the field. But that's not to say that Mr Dancer isn't a valuable participant because of his expertise.

I am now beginning my 10th year of supporting myself from AP play. Most of that has been from blackjack play, but last year I expanded into a couple other areas, and because of this 2012 was a substantial gain (75%) over my previous best year. Much of that increase was due video poker play. Not so much winnings from such play but the cashback, particularly bounce back mailer offers that are mailed to local's as a result of play, as well as prizes from contests and drawings entered as a result of play. Much of this new found knowledge and new addition to my arsenal, I credit to Mr Dancer.

I get the feeling you guys would be bashing anyone that wasn't the wizard. I mean com' on. I like wizard and have learned a lot from him and his sites, but geez, stop this homer/groupie kiss ass crap.

And for what it's worth, Dancer is 100% right about some of you guys. When you make upwards of 10,000 posts in a couple years to any site, you are spending one hell of a lot of time on that site. Not that there's anything wrong with that (seinfeld reference...lol), if that's what you enjoy, but com' on, you guys are going to take offense when someone points it out??? lol!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 18th, 2013 at 9:16:12 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Both Mr Munchkin and Mr Shackleford were both huge improvements as co-hosts because they expand the field. But that's not to say that Mr Dancer isn't a valuable participant because of his expertise.

I like what Bob adds to the show. I do think he needs someone else to broaden the scope of the program, and I think Mike does that well.

But I've never encountered any radio host who performed with something in their mouth. Maybe Bob is sick and that was a cough drop. But it really distracted from an otherwise good show yesterday. I just can't imagine what he had to even be thinking in order to do that. I hope bob listens to the recordings of the program, so that he knows to never do that again...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
iluvdisco33
iluvdisco33
January 18th, 2013 at 9:52:43 AM permalink
If Dancer reads this thread you can be sure it bothers him because I've not seen a forum he posts on where he handles criticism well. I don't fault the guy for trying with his show or doing whatever he does with all those endless hours at the poker machines (with results I happen to think are not what he wants everyone to think). But I hope he gets something out of all the positive and negative comments here in order that the show might get more interesting for us listeners.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
January 18th, 2013 at 9:53:14 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

But I've never encountered any radio host who performed with something in their mouth. Maybe Bob is sick and that was a cough drop. But it really distracted from an otherwise good show yesterday. I just can't imagine what he had to even be thinking in order to do that. I hope bob listens to the recordings of the program, so that he knows to never do that again...

That's what I'm thinking too, as he was coughing a bit during the show...
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 18th, 2013 at 12:00:30 PM permalink
Definitely be sure to go to the end of the show! Long chat.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
January 18th, 2013 at 12:09:54 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Definitely be sure to go to the end of the show! Long chat.

Just re-listened to the end. Gotta say, it's hard to take the criticism of web forums from a guy who made his name sitting in front of video poker machines all day. Seriously...I don't have a life?!?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
January 18th, 2013 at 12:33:35 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Just re-listened to the end. Gotta say, it's hard to take the criticism of web forums from a guy who made his name sitting in front of video poker machines all day. Seriously...I don't have a life?!?

My guess was that it was knock against all the BD haters. Everything he posts or says gets scrutinized a lot on all the forums to the point that he can't always defend himself. Not that he really needs to waste his time defending himself.

When I listened to it a 2nd time, when Mike wonders how
many people have come to Vegas with a small BR and
done the same thing Teddy did, I heard in background
'I did', coming from Bob. I missed that the first time.

Million Dollar Video Poker by BD is a fascinating story of how he did it. I would be proud of it too.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
January 18th, 2013 at 12:42:00 PM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

Million Dollar Video Poker by BD is a fascinating story of how he did it. I would be proud of it too.

Its always easier when you hit a $100k royal early on in your career...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
January 18th, 2013 at 12:48:59 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
iluvdisco33
iluvdisco33
January 18th, 2013 at 1:23:07 PM permalink
Lots of people have won a million dollars playing video poker. But did they really WIN a million dollars? Same goes for Dancer, although I also read and liked the story he told in his book.

He gets after people who post a lot on forums, yet he himself posts on multiple forums and likely under multiple aliases. Don't forget, his main aim is to sell whatever it is he sells and to get warm bodies into those vp classes he gets paid to have at various casinos.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 18th, 2013 at 1:53:53 PM permalink
Quote: iluvdisco33

He gets after people who post a lot on forums, yet he himself posts on multiple forums and likely under multiple aliases. .

I thought at the time and still think it was a direct
jab at Mike and Teddy. Dancer had an 'attitude'
during the whole interview, like he was pissed about
something. Even in the first few minutes he told Mike
he was wrong about something. Not mistaken or
that Dancer disagreed, Mike was flat out wrong. I
thought that was pretty rude.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
January 18th, 2013 at 2:36:22 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

And for what it's worth, Dancer is 100% right about some of you guys. When you make upwards of 10,000 posts in a couple years to any site, you are spending one hell of a lot of time on that site. Not that there's anything wrong with that (seinfeld reference...lol), if that's what you enjoy, but com' on, you guys are going to take offense when someone points it out??? lol!

I can't answer for anyone else, but I would say a full 95%+ of my posts have come from work. I manage a hotel, so I have all kinds of downtime. If I had a job in which I did not have any downtime, I seriously doubt if I would post at 25% of the rate I do now.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
January 18th, 2013 at 2:39:27 PM permalink
deleted
iluvdisco33
iluvdisco33
January 18th, 2013 at 3:34:23 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

As for me, I spend most of my waking hours in casinos and can easily read and post from my phone.

Personally, I think spending lots of time inside germ-filled casinos is a horrific waste of one's life, but I'm a nobody and I can say something like that. But for a famous person to publicly criticize a known decent person and another for doing something he claims to not do (which is an untruth) then it's improper.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
January 18th, 2013 at 3:52:56 PM permalink
deleted
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
January 18th, 2013 at 5:27:30 PM permalink

Well I'm wasting my life making very good money. I'll definately retire long before many working stiffs.

hmmm...I plan on gambling when I retire. What will you do? Want to switch careers mid-life? :-)
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 18th, 2013 at 6:04:40 PM permalink

Well I'm wasting my life making very good money. I'll definately retire long before many working stiffs.

Egotistical brag noted.

*golf clap*

What is this, a "whose is bigger" thread?

I'll play ...
"What, me worry?"
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
January 18th, 2013 at 6:05:57 PM permalink
deleted
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 18th, 2013 at 6:14:24 PM permalink
Where's the Wiz? He hasn't checked the forum
since before the radio show on Thursday.
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 18th, 2013 at 6:27:17 PM permalink
No idea where wiz is ? Switch is on vacation in Lanzarote. Monday am temp there was 75 F. In Grand junction it was -18. Sometimes life is not fair. LOL

Plus I was interviewed for Galaxy Gaming job. Rumor has it so guy named Dan got it instead. Must be nepotism !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 18th, 2013 at 6:36:47 PM permalink
Bob was sick. (He wouldn't shake my hand when we met at dinner). Wizard drove to L.A. right after the show, which is where I assume he still is. (Please don't alert the robbers to case to his house. I think his wife has had handgun training.)

Spend it. I'm not a losing gambler, you people are.

C'mon, now. Easy.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 18th, 2013 at 8:45:15 PM permalink
As Teddy wrote, I had to drive Orange County right after the show, where I'll be until late Sunday. I can't upload the show from here. To address some points:

I think that if Bob had a forum everybody would be bashing me there. Not to say that I don't appreciate the praise here. Nobody can say that Bob isn't honest about his opinions and tells it like he sees it. Personally, I'm restrained, and don't like to hurt anybody's feelings -- unless I REALLY get mad. I think that duality makes for a better show.

I take all the blame for all the Jeopardy questions. Both Teddy and Bob wanted to spend as little time as possible on that topic. However, we got through the prepared questions too quickly, and only had Jeopardy ones left. Then we had about five minutes to kill at the end so we had to improvise more questions. So I went back to Jeopardy, because I am fascinated by games shows. Trying to pimp Teddy out was not planned but the matchmaker in me got carried away.

Also, Bob was getting over the flu that show, which is why he didn't sound well. When we had Michael Bluejay as a guest I was really sick and had to run to the bathroom while Bob did the commercials.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
deedubbs
deedubbs
  • Threads: 21
January 18th, 2013 at 9:17:13 PM permalink
Well, I like Bob. His impatience at certain digressions and occasional cantankerousness is obvious, but it is also kind of charming.
tupp
tupp
  • Threads: 3
January 18th, 2013 at 9:44:00 PM permalink
Enjoyed the show. Some parts were especially fascinating and informative, and I will give those passages a second listen.

@Ted: It's really an amazing feat to live for so long off of comps, and the Jeopardy successes and law school graduation are admirable, too.

I think that you have convinced me to try video poker.

I only wish that we could have heard more about your current thoughts/plans for the future.

@Wizard: The bingo explanation was stimulating and helpful. I may give bingo a try, but I'm afraid that those blue-haired ladies will eat me alive!

By the way, are you familiar with Loof's Lite-A-Line? If not, a visit might be of interest while you are in L.A., considering your current bingo participation.

Thanks for the splendid show!
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 18th, 2013 at 10:13:38 PM permalink
OC? booooring. Visit South LA before it's too late.
100% risk of ruin
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 19th, 2013 at 6:54:32 AM permalink
Quote: tupp

By the way, are you familiar with Loof's Lite-A-Line? If not, a visit might be of interest while you are in L.A., considering your current bingo participation.

I just might check that out before I go! This is the first I've heard of it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
January 19th, 2013 at 11:32:13 AM permalink
I listened to the Show last night after having read all the comments. I have to say this is a harsh crowd at times.

Even without the confirmation from Wiz and Teddy, I could tell that Bob was stuggling with a cold. And while at times I also get irritated at Bob, I didn't find his performance that distracting.

Teddy did a great job and at times he was even helpful at keeping the conversation on track. When the discussion started to digress on the nuances of the Jeopardy "clicker", I loved it when Teddy said something to the effect of let's move on as that is only of interest to the few folks that might actually get on the show.

I didn't mind Bob jumping in with his comments at what he had done. I want to hear that as well. He was pretty careful to indicate that the game Teddy was playing was much harder than when he was in the comp game. It was easier or higher edges could be achieved I recall him saying.....this was a tip of the cap to Teddy performing his magic in a much tougher game than Bob did.

I was really expecting to be piling on with the comments after reading all that negativity that was posted, but I just can't get there. To each his own, we likely all hear what we want to hear and filter out the rest. I am sure I did that with some of the negatives pointed out in the Show.

Keep up the good work Bob & Wiz, obviously it is getting a reaction out there and that is all you want when in the entertainment world!
  • Jump to: