Thread Rating:

RouletteProdigy
RouletteProdigy
Joined: Oct 6, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 17
May 7th, 2017 at 10:33:43 AM permalink
Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you could assist me here.

How many inside numbers does the average craps player roll before he 7 out's.

Could you please include the figure that includes the come out roll and excludes it.

The inside numbers are of course 5,6,8 and 9.

Thank U

P.S. The average player rolls a little over 8 times, so just wondering what percentage of those numbers are inside numbers more or less.
Wildwillis1
Wildwillis1
Joined: Jun 29, 2016
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 33
May 7th, 2017 at 5:04:59 PM permalink
If the average number of rolls is 8 (rounding down) like you said and you took say 100,000 session, then the answer would be 3. Out of the 8 rolls you got atleast 1 come out and (1) 7 out roll. That would leave you with 6 rolls. If you wanted to count the come out roll it would be 3.5 inside numbers before the seven out.

The probably of rolling the inside numbers is 50% each roll.
(6,8 are 5/36 or .13888889)
(5,9 are 4/36 (1/9) or .1111111)

So by adding them all together you get 18/36 (1/2) or .5

Hope this helped.

P.s. if anyone spots an error in my math please let me know.
As a landscaper you learn a few things. 1. Mushrooms can be as hard as rocks. 2. It's not how fast you mow. But how well you mow fast. 3. Not all grass was created equal.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 964
  • Posts: 16193
May 7th, 2017 at 9:42:45 PM permalink
I get 1.619839371.

Probability of rolling
0: 0.250000
1: 0.231579
2: 0.298086
3: 0.089252
4: 0.131083
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 5325
May 7th, 2017 at 9:58:38 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I get 1.619839371.

Probability of rolling
0: 0.250000
1: 0.231579
2: 0.298086
3: 0.089252
4: 0.131083



Is it really easier to roll 4 than 3?
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed. - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
RouletteProdigy
RouletteProdigy
Joined: Oct 6, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 17
May 8th, 2017 at 1:55:45 AM permalink
Wizard,

When it comes to math I am a bit thick headed.

If I understand you correctly, the average is 1.619839371 inside numbers after the come out?

Thank U
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 2933
May 8th, 2017 at 7:45:24 AM permalink
Quote: RouletteProdigy

How many inside numbers does the average craps player roll before he 7 out's.

Could you please include the figure that includes the come out roll and excludes it.


Question: at what point does the counting begin?

i.e. do you want to know the average number of inside numbers rolled from the time a shooter is passed the dice to when he sevens out?

For example, in this case:
point 6, 3, 12, 6
natural 11
point 5, 4, 7 out
Do you want the three comeouts counted separately, or combined (in which case, the number is 3 if you include the comeout rolls, or 1 if you do not)?
RouletteProdigy
RouletteProdigy
Joined: Oct 6, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 17
May 8th, 2017 at 8:05:32 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Question: at what point does the counting begin?

i.e. do you want to know the average number of inside numbers rolled from the time a shooter is passed the dice to when he sevens out?

For example, in this case:
point 6, 3, 12, 6
natural 11
point 5, 4, 7 out
Do you want the three comeouts counted separately, or combined (in which case, the number is 3 if you include the comeout rolls, or 1 if you do not)?



Hi Don,

I would like to know the average number of inside numbers rolled after the point is established to when the average player sevens out.

Thank U
Last edited by: RouletteProdigy on May 8, 2017
iamnomad
iamnomad
Joined: Nov 3, 2014
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 108
May 8th, 2017 at 8:33:00 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Is it really easier to roll 4 than 3?



3 ways to roll a 4: 1/3 3/1 2/2

2 ways to roll a 3: 1/2 2/1
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 2933
May 8th, 2017 at 10:22:21 AM permalink
Quote: RouletteProdigy

I would like to know the average number of inside numbers rolled after the point is established to when the average player sevens out.


I got that part. What I don't quite understand is, is it from when the shooter first establishes a point after taking the dice?

That is, what happens if a point is made after, for example, three inside numbers are rolled? Does the count continue from three, or does it reset to zero?
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 5325
May 8th, 2017 at 10:45:05 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

I got that part. What I don't quite understand is, is it from when the shooter first establishes a point after taking the dice?

That is, what happens if a point is made after, for example, three inside numbers are rolled? Does the count continue from three, or does it reset to zero?



This is an important clarification, as I think the figure "8" for "average number of rolls per shooter" includes all the "non-point establishing" rolls. Consider this sequence of rolls, "New Shooter Coming Out!:
7
12
11
2
3
4 - Mark the 4
10
7 - Out! Line away

It's 8 rolls, but only one after the point is established. After a point is established, I thought the average number of rolls was 3 and change?
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed. - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

  • Jump to: