WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 44
March 27th, 2017 at 3:56:20 PM permalink
Quote: klimate10

I stay away from gambling nowadays and use all my gambling money buying big boy toys, like high end guns and art. Much more satisfying.

It was fun. This thread and some of the arguments in it remind of times when I'd be at a really hot craps table, and everyone would chide me for not playing the hardways. After all, we do know, for a fact, that the hardways pays 7-1, and the pass only pays a measly even money. Lol. Those were fun days. Expensive and useless, but fun.

It also reminds me of the time I was killing time after a really hot craps session, plopped down at a three card poker table, played one hand and hit a straight flush...and won $5. Lol. The table went crazy that I didn't bet the side bet. At that exact moment, explaining to the table that all the money I saved by not ever betting the pairs plus was more than the 40x (that I would have won) would have been a useless exercise.

Yea, most people give it up when they constantly lose.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
klimate10
klimate10
  • Threads: 25
March 27th, 2017 at 3:59:36 PM permalink
It's called self control.

If you think you're going to be a winner, then you're delusional.

But do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 44
March 27th, 2017 at 4:19:11 PM permalink
If you do not know how to win, then it is prudent to stay away and use self control. Self control would suggest that you want to play but cant because you lose , therefore you use self control in order to stay off the tables. Im happy that you understand your inefficiencies and stay away from craps, as your reasoning regarding the come bet play are less than optimal.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
March 27th, 2017 at 5:21:04 PM permalink
There is no "winning strategy" in the game of craps. The math is never in our favor, the player. That being said, pass line and come betting has a lower overall house edge than place betting. Not much, but yes, pass line and come betting has a lower house edge.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
March 27th, 2017 at 5:24:54 PM permalink
The chance of rolling ANY number is completely independent of whatever number came up previously and has the same chances of hitting.

"The problem with the come bet is you have to hit the number twice" is a completely ridiculous line of thinking.
WBGamble
WBGamble
  • Threads: 1
March 27th, 2017 at 6:12:14 PM permalink
For your 1st few posts I assumed you were just joking around. I hate when people give new players to any game horrible advice. It seems craps and blackjack have the highest number of "teachers"
klimate10
klimate10
  • Threads: 25
March 27th, 2017 at 6:38:43 PM permalink
These 'teachers' are serious. They're not joking, fellas.

I've met plenty of guys who genuinely believe some of the stuff stated in this thread.

There's no point in arguing with an idiot.
WBGamble
WBGamble
  • Threads: 1
March 27th, 2017 at 9:47:18 PM permalink
I know, I see it all too often. To the OP, welcome to the craps club! It can be loads of fun, glad you had a good 1st roll.

The bets in the center are usually made in $1 increments, except the Horn Bet which is $4, ($1 each on 2,3,11,12) and the World Bet, (Horn + 7) made in increments of $5. The Hardways can be multi roll bets, most other middle bets are win/ lose on the next roll.

These bets all have a pretty high house edge, but it's personal preference to play them as long as you are aware of the higher house edge

I almost never see anyone else make come bets. In fact, I'd say 1/2 the players I see don't even take any odds on their line bets. Place bets on the 6 or 8 aren't a bad bet. The 4 + 10 are downright bad to place. Buying them is a viable option if the vig is win only
jmills
jmills
  • Threads: 3
March 28th, 2017 at 12:29:05 PM permalink
Thanks for all the info everybody. I went back last night and ended up at a table pretty much opposite of my first experience. Not much betting in the center and pretty quiet. I also got to see something beyond the dice setters I saw on the first day. Two people would take the five dice, roll them against the wall underneath them, set a die aside, repeat until two dice were chosen. Then on subsequent rolls they would roll the two dice against the wall in some way to determine how to set them I guess. First one sevened out on their second roll, second one made a couple of points.

It was a pretty cold table - I had bought in for $200 and was down to about $40 when it was my turn. Guy to my left asked if I was going to shoot, and I said yes. He gives me a look and bets the don't pass. I started out with three sevens in a row, and then made five unique points and one or two come bets. Nobody had placed the fire bet, including myself, and the dealers were chiding everybody. But I made about $300 on the roll, so I colored up, tipped and left. Had a great time, but only the dealers seemed excited, everybody else was dead. The guy to my left did not seem happy. I then played my usual game of pai gow for long enough to get a free meal at the noodle bar and left. BTW, if anyone goes to the Horseshoe in Hammond, I highly recommend the noodle bar. Good food, short to no wait, and only requires a half hour play at pai gow, tiles, or baccarat.

• Jump to: