mds
mds
  • Threads: 50
February 24th, 2014 at 10:27:20 PM permalink
Left Friday morning for a 10:30am flight. Landed at 11:30 or so went down to gather luggage then got in the Limo the Aria provided. Checked into the Sky suites. One bedroom suite and an adjoining room with two queens. Very nice accommodations. Sky suites area has food (Noshes) and any drink you want even alcohol. Again, very nice and great service. Had lunch at the Aria Café in it was really good. We ordered Greek salad, lentil soup, Cheeseburger, club sandwich and fish tacos all excellent. First session went well. Cashed in for 4k, placed 1100 on the don't and 800 on the do. (20.00 12 every other hand) Come out roll was a 6, put 600 in odds on the don't and after a few numbers a 7 came up. After that pretty choppy. Lost, won, lost, won, lost, lost ,won and so on. Played maybe 1/2 the hands in an hour as I didn't have a good feeling. Towards the end of the hour someone 7nd out so I played the next 4 hands and each 7nd out. Up for the session....+3200.. 2 12s showed up when I did have money on it! No seven or eleven on the come out roll at least when I played. No 2s or 3s at all.. Did play 3 more sessions the same way nothing to write home or on this post about.. lost 500 over that time. For the entire Friday +2700! Did go for dinner at SW steakhouse at the Wynn. (My favorite) Had Caesar salad and a new York cooked to perfection. Friends had bone in ribeyes. Really good! More to come later..
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 25th, 2014 at 2:31:50 AM permalink
>For the entire Friday +2700

Excellent!

Very hedgy betting there sir. Can't argue with success, though, I guess.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
  • Threads: 33
February 25th, 2014 at 3:12:07 AM permalink
Did you play any firebets?

or

Did you notice how many shooters made 4,5, or 6 numbers?
8 more years till retirement.
mds
mds
February 25th, 2014 at 8:39:03 AM permalink
No bonus bets (Fire).. only a few hands all day where players rolled more than 6 numbers. yes, there were some points made but only 1 out of 12 hands or so. At least during my 11 hours of standing there.
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
  • Threads: 49
February 25th, 2014 at 8:58:06 AM permalink
Quote: mds

Left Friday morning for a 10:30am flight. Landed at 11:30 or so went down to gather luggage then got in the Limo the Aria provided. Checked into the Sky suites. One bedroom suite and an adjoining room with two queens. Very nice accommodations. Sky suites area has food (Noshes) and any drink you want even alcohol. Again, very nice and great service. Had lunch at the Aria Café in it was really good. We ordered Greek salad, lentil soup, Cheeseburger, club sandwich and fish tacos all excellent. First session went well. Cashed in for 4k, placed 1100 on the don't and 800 on the do. (20.00 12 every other hand) Come out roll was a 6, put 600 in odds on the don't and after a few numbers a 7 came up. After that pretty choppy. Lost, won, lost, won, lost, lost ,won and so on. Played maybe 1/2 the hands in an hour as I didn't have a good feeling. Towards the end of the hour someone 7nd out so I played the next 4 hands and each 7nd out. Up for the session....+3200.. 2 12s showed up when I did have money on it! No seven or eleven on the come out roll at least when I played. No 2s or 3s at all.. Did play 3 more sessions the same way nothing to write home or on this post about.. lost 500 over that time. For the entire Friday +2700! Did go for dinner at SW steakhouse at the Wynn. (My favorite) Had Caesar salad and a new York cooked to perfection. Friends had bone in ribeyes. Really good! More to come later..

I stayed at the Aria my last trip a few months ago. That is a grand hotel - very nice.

By the way, if you are going to eat at the Wynn, save yourself some cash for the tables, and walk a block north to a small street taco shop....you will notice it because it is very busy.

The tacos are incredible - for $1.50 or something like that. They are the best food in vegas.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 25th, 2014 at 10:49:38 AM permalink
Quote: slackyhacky

By the way, if you are going to eat at the Wynn, save yourself some cash for the tables, and walk a block north to a small street taco shop....you will notice it because it is very busy.

The tacos are incredible - for $1.50 or something like that. They are the best food in vegas.

Pretty bold claim there! Do you have any more details on the location of this taco truck?
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
geoff
geoff
  • Threads: 3
February 25th, 2014 at 10:52:59 AM permalink
The best food in Vegas is Weinerschnitzel. My only regret is they took the one off the strip away.
mds
mds
February 25th, 2014 at 10:59:19 AM permalink
Agreed unless your meal at the Wynn was comped. The rest of the party left the tip. In and Out run at 3am! Tacos were the next night!
mds
mds
February 25th, 2014 at 12:04:46 PM permalink
Saturday was great! 9:00am tee time at Shadow Creek. What a golf course! One of the top 3 golf courses in Nevada. Great service, food and the fastest greens anywhere. Saw talk to some celebs and golf pros. More excited about the golf pros than the celebs. After that went to eat lunch at Lemongrass in the Aria. Best and freshest thai food I have ever had. Service was ok at best. Did the spa thing which was very nice, clean and great service. Had to go to Donny and Marie. Turns out it was a great show. D & M make you feel right at home. Very intimate venue especially sitting next to the stage. They were funny and the show wasn't too scripted. Marie's voice is really incredible. She is hot! For 50 something... Went back to the Aria and hit the craps tables. Walked around looking for a cold table. I think all 12 tables were jamming. Really busy and a good vibe. Played from 10 to 1am.. I always keep track of numbers and play. Same play for me as always....here is one round... 4, 2, 6,6,8,5,6, 7 out... Another hand.... 12. (had a 25.00 12 thank goodness).. 5,9,9,6,6,6,7 out.... Then, 6,9, 7 out... Then, 7 loser for me. This hand was interesting... 5, 4,4,4,10,10,2,3,6,10,4,12,4, 5 winner.. YUK! Best roll all night for the right side players. But No 30 minute rolls at all. After that I moved tables and same small rolls with a lot of ping pong. (Back and forth) Bottom line, I played another 3 hours or so and now +4200 for the trip!... 3am run to in and out...
Oh, just my luck.... I was playing facing the walkway and saw 2 women walking by themselves to the Mexican restaurant. As they passed the craps table where I was playing I waived to them and they waived me over. Went over talked to them for a few minutes we were definitely attracted to each other. told me she was from LA has 2 kids, divorced, and just came down this weekend with her friend to play baccarat and party. Baccarat? They were very very nice and down to earth. I said to myself, self, they cant be hookers and it is a pleasure to meet a girl who really might like me. I did think highly of her as well. That whole night we exchanged pleasantries and more small talk via text... Late that night maybe 1am as we were texting back and forth she said her friend liked my friend and we should go play baccarat together. Hmmmm... Liked my friend and wants to go play baccarat together where the minimum is 500 a hand?? I immediately went back to that working girl place. So, instead of going to meet them I had to text her. ( I don't have time for BS) I text...Shit just my luck. I have to ask, what kind of work do you do in LA? What brings you to Vegas this weekend? Gambling? partying? She replied, HOW insulting! Next time you meet a girl with two kids who you may like don't accuse them of being a hooker! I felt terrible. I cant tell you all how many times I have been approached this last weekend alone by chip ho's etc.... Just my luck, she could have been my future ex wife and I blew it... I still think she is a working girl as nobody likes my friend! That Ever happen to you?
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
February 25th, 2014 at 12:15:52 PM permalink

I still think she is a working girl as nobody likes my friend!

LOL your poor friend. How far were the chicks away from you when they ask you to play?
mds
mds
February 25th, 2014 at 12:26:13 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

LOL your poor friend. How far were the chicks away from you when they ask you to play?

On their way back from the "Bellagio" They were staying at Aria, also in the sky suites. At least that's what she told me. I know I blew it. Maybe.....
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 25th, 2014 at 1:35:15 PM permalink

Oh, just my luck.... I was playing facing the walkway and saw 2 women walking by themselves to the Mexican restaurant. As they passed the craps table where I was playing I waived to them and they waived me over. Went over talked to them for a few minutes we were definitely attracted to each other. told me she was from LA has 2 kids, divorced, and just came down this weekend with her friend to play baccarat and party. Baccarat? They were very very nice and down to earth. I said to myself, self, they cant be hookers and it is a pleasure to meet a girl who really might like me. I did think highly of her as well. That whole night we exchanged pleasantries and more small talk via text... Late that night maybe 1am as we were texting back and forth she said her friend liked my friend and we should go play baccarat together. Hmmmm... Liked my friend and wants to go play baccarat together where the minimum is 500 a hand?? I immediately went back to that working girl place. So, instead of going to meet them I had to text her. ( I don't have time for BS) I text...Shit just my luck. I have to ask, what kind of work do you do in LA? What brings you to Vegas this weekend? Gambling? partying? She replied, HOW insulting! Next time you meet a girl with two kids who you may like don't accuse them of being a hooker! I felt terrible. I cant tell you all how many times I have been approached this last weekend alone by chip ho's etc.... Just my luck, she could have been my future ex wife and I blew it... I still think she is a working girl as nobody likes my friend! That Ever happen to you?

I have to tell you, she does not sound like a working girl to me. I get approached by hookers all the time in Vegas. It's quick and to the point. First question is "where are you headed"; 2nd question is "do you want some company" or "do you want to party". Time is money for them, remember. They want to quickly find out if you are interested and, if not, move onto the next guy.

Not that I meant to make you feel worse :) It's certainly possible that she saw how big you were betting and that was part of the attraction, but she is almost certainly no hooker. Chip hustler is possible (which is worse, because you don't actually get anything for your money). But it is also possible that she was just in Vegas for a weekend and wanted to have a good time. I'm not sure how old you or the girl are, but if she is older than mid-20's it's certainly possible (a young hot girl will probably just put on a little spandex dress and go to the clubs for that)

Unless if you are not comfortable playing baccarat for those stakes, you should have met her. It's not like you would be caught unaware so as soon as the chip hustling started you could have just excused yourself and left.

If you don't mind me saying, it sounds to me like your main problem is confidence. If you have money (which I assume that you do from your trip report), and are nice and treat people well, have no personal hygiene problems, and are not completely hideous looking, you should have no trouble meeting women. Things change once you are going after women who are past their mid-late 20s.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
February 25th, 2014 at 2:31:51 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I have to tell you, she does not sound like a working girl to me. I get approached by hookers all the time in Vegas. It's quick and to the point. First question is "where are you headed"; 2nd question is "do you want some company" or "do you want to party". Time is money for them, remember. They want to quickly find out if you are interested and, if not, move onto the next guy.

It's certainly possible that she saw how big you were betting and that was part of the attraction, but she is almost certainly no hooker. Chip hustler is possible

I agree. Doesn't sound like a working girl. Definitely sounds like a hustler though.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
mds
mds
February 25th, 2014 at 7:10:40 PM permalink
Woke up Sunday for a 9:30 round of golf... Great time at Bali Hai. Nice and very fair course. Shot an 84 and felt good about it. Went back to the hotel this time ate at the buffet. Small line as we went at 2pm. I think it was 30.00ea to get in. It was fabulous! Crabs legs, shrimp, prime rib, great Caesars, soup and the enchiladas were the best. Desserts were awesome especially the warm chocolate soufflé... Well worth the 30.00. (I didn't pay it was comped)
Went upstairs for a while as I couldn't move after the meal. Food coma! Went down stairs for my last few rounds at the craps table... It was 7:30 as I walked up to the table, started with my usual 4,000 and same betting strategy..1100 on the don't 300 odds and 800 on the do with a 25.00 12 every other hand. First hand, 3, winner... next, 6,10,6 loser.... next, 7 loser. next 11 loser. 7 loser. I was there about 7 minutes and left. Down that session -1500. Time to regroup so I walked around a little.. Just then that girl from yesterday text me. More on that later. Walked around trying to find a cold table. All of a sudden I hear from the other side of the room 7 out. Ran to that table got my 4k and same bets... first number was 4 then 9,8,9,8,4,6,6, 7 out! Yes! first hand up 900! Back and forth for two hours until I won 6 in a row! Didn't wait for the next roll and cashed out. +3900... Some might say why didn't I stay as I had a streak? I play that way, if im up and session is over I walk. I stayed there for one more than I usually do so it was good enough. I now have several hours played at an avg of 1900 and im up? Im done.. For the trip, +8100.

Girl report... Sunday she text me, Said "hello"... I told her life is too short and to please accept my apology. She agreed. But, she said she was really on a roll at baccarat and wanted me to come over. I asked her where she was and she said Wynn. There was no way I was going to the Wynn. Told her when she got back to the Aria call me. She called me around midnight and told me to bring my friend and we could have a drink and gamble around. So we met. Had drinks at one of the bars at the Aria and hit it off. Went to the high limit baccarat area and the pit boss said hello MDS and also called the girl by her first name! To my amazement she took out a 5k marker! Thank god she was no chip HO! We all played the banker 90% of the time for about 45 minutes, had a great time and ended up about even. Sorry, that's where the story ends! ;)
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
February 25th, 2014 at 8:24:30 PM permalink
D&M.......I saw them 3 years ago with low expectations, and it ended up being a highlight of the trip. They do have alot of talent and you are right...the size of the venue is perfect.
  • Jump to: