Redone
Redone
  • Threads: 4
April 3rd, 2013 at 7:24:09 PM permalink
Had best roll ever at the hard rock Tuesday night with my new tiger shirt. I bought in for 200 on a 10 dollar table playing the donts and was getting killed. I changed up with my last 20$ and played the passline. Buy the time the guy next to me got threw I had about 80. He should have stayed I shaw him buy earlier that day for 2500and again that evening for 2500. Anyway its my turn and I asked my wife to light me a smoke. I am not one for dice setting or control but I decided to throw the hard way set 12 up. I started with a 24$ 6&8. Now I don't believe in dice control I am a little superstitious and when you got a good thing going don't change it up so like a fool I didn't press AT ALL. I would move my bet depending on the point 6 or 8. I played the same passline and same odds 10& 20. I was needing a two to make the all tall small I had up for 1 2 1. When a guy told me he would give me a 100 if I hit the two. Hit my point and then hit a seven on the come out. Everyone was like that ok keep it up. I told same guy that I would do it again and I would take that hundred there was a couple of lets see it. Next roll snake eyes. Bam its out of the way. A while later same roll need the twelve. There was a lot of five and ten dollar bets going up on midnight but I just couldn't do it. SEVEN OUT. Dam. I didn't keep up with my rolls but I had several people tell me they have never seen a roll like that. One guy said that I must have rolled 15 8s. I saw a guy two down cash out over 10 grand. I didn't get his name but thanks again. He walked buy and handed me a stack of chips and I put them in my pocket I didn't want to look disrespectful and didn't want to count it in front of him but it was nice. After all the tips were said and done I had over 500 IN TIPS TIPS I SAID TIPS for yes the redheaded tiger shirt shooter. I guess they wanted to help because i said i wasnt pressing just to keep it going. I was now on top of the world. Buy the way that 24$ 6&8 made me over 800$. One more thing. It was my wife's first time ever playing she is now hooked. She won over five. Looking back I should have had her press the shit out of it. But she was in the corner. I hope I can do it again this weekend at harrahs in Cherokee if i can got to work tomrow night. I will have my tiger shirt on Saturday evening. But I hop my once in a lifetime roll is yet to come.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
April 3rd, 2013 at 8:39:39 PM permalink
Nicely done. Was this hard rock Las Vegas? You mentioned going to harrahs Cherokee so maybe Hard Rock in Florida? Anyway how much did you end up for the night?
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
April 3rd, 2013 at 8:42:46 PM permalink
No craps on land in Florida :(
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Redone
Redone
  • Threads: 4
April 4th, 2013 at 7:14:31 AM permalink
Took that eight hour drive to Biloxi after a little three card and roulette I went to the room with 1800 and change.
GiorgioFromYuma
GiorgioFromYuma
  • Threads: 2
April 5th, 2013 at 9:21:27 PM permalink
Just imagine how much you could have made if pressing even lightly. But I understand that feeling, I either decide to press early and hard or not all. If I didn't start a press after a number hits 4 times then I will refuse to press it at all, and hate each time the number hits again haha. It's just hard to convince yourself a press is a good move when you have already defied the odds so much, although I know the dice have no memory.
SACR
SACR
  • Threads: 7
April 6th, 2013 at 1:24:48 AM permalink
I have never had a press work for me. Every time I finally decide to do it, seven out.

Call me superstitious, I don't care, I don't press my bets on a hot roll.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
April 6th, 2013 at 4:53:00 PM permalink
Quote: SACR

I have never had a press work for me. Every time I finally decide to do it, seven out.

Call me superstitious, I don't care, I don't press my bets on a hot roll.

I have an expression for not wanting to change my bet: "don't break the curse." If things are going well... leave them alone. Like you, I've pressed, seven-out follows, and I blame my press. LOL
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
April 6th, 2013 at 5:07:49 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I have an expression for not wanting to change my bet: "don't break the curse." If things are going well... leave them alone. Like you, I've pressed, seven-out follows, and I blame my press. LOL

It's not the act of pressing that causes the 7 out! The dice have no memory, but like clams, dice have ears (any BC comic readers?).

It is saying the word "press" that causes the 7 out.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
April 6th, 2013 at 5:09:55 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

It's not the act of pressing that causes the 7 out! The dice have no memory, but like clams, dice have ears (any BC comic readers?).

It is saying the word "press" that causes the 7 out.

You might be right. In fact, the dice have quite a vocabulary. I rarely say the word "press." Instead I say "make my 5 look like 35."
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
April 6th, 2013 at 5:37:34 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

You might be right. In fact, the dice have quite a vocabulary. I rarely say the word "press." Instead I say "make my 5 look like 35."

Now that is the way to do it. Other alternatives that also avoid the 'press' jinx;

Take it up to $30
Take my $12 to $24
give me another unit
some dice will let you get away with using the word 'pressure', so you can say 'pressure on my 6 to $30'.

Or you can decide this is all hooey, and realize nothing you do will cause a 7 out........, but you're paying good money to have fun, so whatever makes you happy.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
April 6th, 2013 at 6:33:34 PM permalink
its pretty simple really. instead of pressing, just roll more numbers. then everybodys happy. the dice are happy and youre happy.
  • Jump to: