NEED Craps Stick Calls - - - - New Dealer

Page 1 of 71234>Last »
March 10th, 2013 at 10:04:21 PM permalink
jtrier01
Threads: 1
So I am a NEW craps dealer. I want some new stick calls that my co workers don't have. I dont want them to think I am copying or whatever. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I got one today...... "Ten, Hard Ten, Girls Best Friend"..

THANKS for the help!
March 10th, 2013 at 10:24:45 PM permalink
FleaStiff
Threads: 174
Stay with the tried and true stick calls,,, don't try to get cute yet. Its too early to be fancy. Just call everything correctly and in the correct sequence so your team mates can do their job in the right order.

You can get fancy later.
March 10th, 2013 at 10:30:38 PM permalink
Ahigh
Threads: 76
Most common standard calls (terse, and use very often to be concise and keep the game moving)
===================
two crap aces double
ace deuce, single
four easy, field roll
four hard four, field roll
five no field five
six easy, no field
six hard, no field
seven out
eight easy, no field 8
eight hard, no field
nine, center field
ten easy, field roll
ten hard, field roll
yo eleven, good field and come
twelve crap dice, triple

Hard six: Two treys, like me at the buffet (if you're a big guy especially works for a laugh), Average white guy
Hard ten: Sunflowers, puppy paws
Hard four: Deuce deuce. Twenty two!
Hard 8: The square pair.

To assist dealers who have not completed their jobs and think they have:
comes and don'ts travel
dc travels to the <announce number>
FIELD roll <roll>

On the comeout selling the prop bets:
<standard verbose not used often>: crap check, yo bet, whirl bet, hi's lo's and yo's, get 'em now while the dice are in the center
comin' out: crap eleven any seven
specific to player .. hold hand out "you want your yo/crap-check/horn/high-high-whatever"

When the same number hits three times in a row or more "don't bet the ____ it's a trap!"

When the same hard way comes back to back: "the parlay that got away!"

Selling (higher edge) place bets: when the point is 9, place the 5. When the point is 5 place the nine. You generally always sell the "place side" of the point especially when the player is focusing on the 6 and 8 and not getting place bets on the 4, 5, 9, and 10 for a $5 bet.

I'm sure others will have other stuff, and there are whole websites for this, but that should get you enough to get in trouble!
March 10th, 2013 at 10:45:48 PM permalink
Paigowdan
Threads: 100
I called dice very straight up. Friendly, serious about the game, and focused on the game.

The standard calls are the calls to use, straight forward beats being slick.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
March 11th, 2013 at 12:31:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 229
the one you have come up with may be hard to beat. Only problem is you can't be sure there won't be a problem in mixed company. I'm wondering in particular if you work with women dealers. If so, it's probably doomed.
"Baccarat is a game whereby the croupier gathers in money with a flexible sculling oar, then rakes it home. If I could have borrowed his oar I would have stayed." Mark Twain
March 11th, 2013 at 12:49:21 AM permalink
MrV
Threads: 155
Quote: jtrier01
So I am a NEW craps dealer. I want some new stick calls ...

OK, here ...

dealer stick calls
"What, me worry?"
March 11th, 2013 at 2:00:22 AM permalink
ewjones080
Threads: 33
The best one: "Two die outside! The OJ roll"
March 11th, 2013 at 2:37:17 AM permalink
AlanMendelson
Threads: 75
At Caesars this weekend I heard this one:

Ace-deuce, son of a yo.
March 11th, 2013 at 3:32:52 AM permalink
Beethoven9th
Threads: 74
I agree with odiousgambit.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
March 11th, 2013 at 7:26:47 AM permalink
FleaStiff
Threads: 174
Quote: Paigowdan
I called dice very straight up. Friendly, serious about the game, and focused on the game.
The standard calls are the calls to use, straight forward beats being slick.
Hear! Hear!

That is the way to do it. You are called "Stick" not "Comic". The dice call reports to the dealers what the roll was and instructs them what they should be doing in the order they should be doing it. It is a serious part of the game. It is not an opportunity to get creative and offend or confuse players or distract them. Do the calls, have your base men follow their instructions from the call in the sequence given and keep the game moving.

Its not sinful to be capable competent and focused. If you from time to time find it boring, so be it, but stay focused.

Yeah, some stick chick will occasionally have a patter about sucker bets, S & M bets, etc. but the stick call part of her job will still stay serious. Its not a time for horseplay or word play. Its a time for serious financial transactions in a defined sequence. Act it!
Page 1 of 71234>Last »