Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 27th, 2012 at 7:08:05 AM permalink
My wife Josie underwent ECT 28 years ago in Houston. Per her physician at the time, it usually works after 3 or 4 treatments, but
after ten they quit. Josie came back to me after 8. Tuffest call I ever had to make in my life. She had to sign consent papers but in reality the decision was mine.

Everybody who met her at G2E knows what a sweetheart she is and how lucky I am to have her. She actually put $5 in a demo slot machine LOL But I had the last laugh when she thought she was playing quarters at the Riveria, but was playing dollars and cashed out for $1710.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 27th, 2012 at 11:04:33 AM permalink
[continuing the off-topic]
I always think back to "Return to Oz" when I read about ECT, and how horrible they made it look in that movie. I had no idea until recently that it's actually a legitimate treatment sometimes.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 27th, 2012 at 11:21:24 AM permalink
Did not mean to hijack this thread, but mental illness is so misunderstood in our society. We are all just a bunch of chemicals ruling out thought processes. That why drugs work , and why so many people become drug addicts or drunks.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
  • Jump to: