windblast
windblast
  • Threads: 2
October 25th, 2011 at 1:22:38 PM permalink
I have been playing BlackJack, on a regular basis, in William Hill for more than a year (I must have played 25/30K hands) and, month after month, I have been losing, most of the time far more than I expected. Let me point out the fact that, to some extent, losing is normal because of the house edge and that losing becomes easy when your strategy is bad. Nevertheless and assuming a fairly correct strategy, there is another factor to consider: luck! For instance, the percentage of stiff hands (hands between 12 and 16) the player gets and the percentage of hands equal or above 20 the dealer gets. Well, based upon my experience, I reckon that I have been extremely unlucky because, namely when betting high, I have been dealt stiff hands far above expected (which is around 38,5% with 4 decks) are the dealer has been dealt far more hands equal or above 20 (probability around 30%).
Well, in the long run, I don´t believe in winning but I also don´t believe in bad luck, which means losing is normal but, as I said and considering a fairly correct strategy, only to some extent!

That is why decided to try the free BlackJack game provided by the Wizard of Odds that you can play online or offline (you will just have to "save as" the page). Wow !!! What a really different experience this was !!! Amazing! For the very first time, I was able to win and to win big, in overall terms! I could not believe it! I was shocked ! Of course, there was no real money envolved but I tried to keep the same approach as if playing for real.

So, I think you should try playing the free BlackJack game provided by the Wizard of Odds and compare it to your online real money BlackJack experience! Your comments will be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Windblast
dealerwins
dealerwins
October 25th, 2011 at 1:34:48 PM permalink
I personally think that online BJ, roulette slots etc are not "random"
windblast
windblast
October 25th, 2011 at 1:44:48 PM permalink
Have you tried the free BlackJack game provided by the Wizard of Odds? Unlike the real money online BJs, namely William Hill BJ, it seems pretty fair!
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
October 25th, 2011 at 2:53:21 PM permalink
Quote: dealerwins

I personally think that online BJ, roulette slots etc are not "random"

It depends on what you mean by "random". If you mean "as random as their electronic single- or multi-player land-based counterparts" then most of them are.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
  • Jump to: