Thread Rating:

Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 3589
February 26th, 2016 at 7:47:02 AM permalink
My bigger issue was this... He bet huge, and the dealer drew out like a 4-5 card hand, indicating the count for the round MUST have went up (if memory serves me correctly). For some reason he then got the sign to leave the table, and he didn't and tilt bet more... but wouldn't he of at least been betting in a positive situation? Why would he have ever gotten the signal to leave just because he lost a hand with a positive expectation?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
DMSCR
DMSCR
Joined: Apr 15, 2012
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 773
February 26th, 2016 at 8:13:50 AM permalink
The cause of Ben's erratic behavior leading to his tilt was his teammate's (Fisher) jealousy. Also Ben losing his two pre-blackjack buddies when he got the wrong chip for that robot competition.

It doesn't matter how great player you are if your life outside is not happy and in balance this will negatively affect your game. I think this is the message that is being stressed.
YES TO 6/5 BJ AND CSM! SAY NO TO 3/2!!!! 6/5 HAS THE BEST PAYOUTS!!!!!
Greg216
Greg216
Joined: Feb 22, 2016
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 21
February 26th, 2016 at 9:48:19 AM permalink
Not as serious , but just watched "last Vegas" and I instantly called BS on Morgan freeman spilling a beer ON THE TABLE . I told my wife , no way they let you set beers on the felt . Of course a beer wouldn't have spilt if it was in the cup holder . Hollywood uses "poetic license" to make a point or make something more dramatic
Mooseton
Mooseton
Joined: Sep 6, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 464
February 26th, 2016 at 10:00:26 AM permalink
Quote: Greg216

Not as serious , but just watched "last Vegas" and I instantly called BS on Morgan freeman spilling a beer ON THE TABLE . I told my wife , no way they let you set beers on the felt . Of course a beer wouldn't have spilt if it was in the cup holder . Hollywood uses "poetic license" to make a point or make something more dramatic



Huh? I've done that before. Sober even, immediately after my first sip, and without the cup holder set up.

🤓
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 9860
February 26th, 2016 at 10:05:28 AM permalink
I've seen many beers spilled on tables.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4657
February 26th, 2016 at 10:06:05 AM permalink
Personally, I don't think the movie was bad. Of course there are going to be some inaccuracies, but if I remember correctly, it was a film for entertainment, not a documentary.

I'm pretty sure the MIT team did actually go on a huge winning streak.
"What would Brian Boitano do?"
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 3589
February 26th, 2016 at 10:14:28 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Personally, I don't think the movie was bad. Of course there are going to be some inaccuracies, but if I remember correctly, it was a film for entertainment, not a documentary.

I'm pretty sure the MIT team did actually go on a huge winning streak.

Agreed that overall the movie was entertaining. I still watch it now and then for fun... Makes me want to play =P.

MIT started on a huge win streak, then as they started to lose resentment grew amongst players/managers/owners and ultimately it ended up splitting off to a new team with better incentives to the players.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Greg216
Greg216
Joined: Feb 22, 2016
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 21
February 26th, 2016 at 10:23:28 AM permalink
The beers were way out on the table (like they were betting them )....

Let's not getting started on "Vegas vacation"
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3938
February 26th, 2016 at 10:26:55 AM permalink
Quote: Greg216

The beers were way out on the table (like they were betting them )....

Let's not getting started on "Vegas vacation"


Play a slot, win a car!
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 3616
February 26th, 2016 at 10:31:38 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I've seen many beers spilled on tables.

I must admit I have spilled my drink on the felt, and it was pretty good scotch, not beer ;-(
Scotch I paid for, and tipped for!
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F

  • Jump to: