sidthesquid
sidthesquid
Joined: Aug 6, 2016
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 34
August 8th, 2017 at 11:26:01 AM permalink
whats the info? pictures be nice,

countable? martingalable? same rules apply? crappy 6-5? how many seats? crowding as always??

max table bet? able to see others cards or just yours? and utlimately is it beatable??

you Aps must be keeping it down low
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10716
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
August 8th, 2017 at 11:33:49 AM permalink
Quote: sidthesquid

whats the info? pictures be nice,

countable? martingalable? same rules apply? crappy 6-5? how many seats? crowding as always??

max table bet? able to see others cards or just yours? and utlimately is it beatable??

you Aps must be keeping it down low


I don't blame them.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 2206
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
August 8th, 2017 at 12:27:29 PM permalink
But it was such a polite request. Who wouldn't want to help such an articulate, courteous inquiry?
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
gamerfreak
gamerfreak 
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 1021
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
August 8th, 2017 at 12:39:31 PM permalink
Nothing is martingale-able
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 162
  • Posts: 9594
August 8th, 2017 at 1:38:43 PM permalink
Quote: sidthesquid

... able to see others cards or just yours? ...

Stadium BJ uses community cards. I.E., everyone plays the same hand and makes hit/stand decisions simultaneously. Players who hit all get the same card. Etc.

Even though all players may stand, dealer continues to deal as if a phantom player hits until busted. The next card is the dealers down card. He then hits as necessary per regular rules.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
racquet
racquet
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 95
August 9th, 2017 at 3:55:16 PM permalink
The important feature is that it's a CSM arrangement, at least the two places where I have seen it. It's like you see the first cards from a freshly shuffled deck every hand. So it's not countable. The house edge is less than in a non-CSM shoe dealt by humans, but HE is constant, whereas without a CSM, HE can vary. There's the edge for counters.

There's also a cost benefit to the house. I saw 46 spots in one place, with two blackjack dealers. They had two sites with a total of 92 seats, with two blackjacks, one roulette, and one mini-bac station, each with a video camera, so you could conceivably play four games at once. Four dealers, two floors, 92 spots. Personnel costs are much less.

I'm not sure, but I think if you stand and other players hit, the next card goes to "your" dealer, while it counts in the other player's hand if they want a hit. Only when a player stands does the next card go to his dealer. The hype is that nobody is going to take a card, or not take a card, that will mess up your hand. If the player's cards are 10-6, some people might hit, some stand. The next card goes to the hitees, while it goes to the dealer for all the standees. At least that's what I've been told. I don't play it since it's a CSM game.
sixsisters
sixsisters
Joined: Jul 11, 2017
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 41
August 9th, 2017 at 4:16:02 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Stadium BJ uses community cards. I.E., everyone plays the same hand and makes hit/stand decisions simultaneously. Players who hit all get the same card. Etc.

Even though all players may stand, dealer continues to deal as if a phantom player hits until busted. The next card is the dealers down card. He then hits as necessary per regular rules.



I don't understand " a phantom player" Do you mean if all players stand, that the next card is not the dealer's second card? I think if all players stand, the next card is definitely the dealers second card.

Let's say only 2 people are players. The players have 8/8 versus a dealer 10. Player A stands, afraid of busting. Player B splits his 8's. On the first 8 gets a 4 and doubles down. He then busts with a 10. On the other 8 he gets another 8 and resplits. He gets a 10 for 18, stands and on the third 8 he gets another 4 and doubles down again, feeling due and lucky. He gets another 10 and busts. The Dealer then gets an Ace for BJ.
How much does player A win or lose and why? How much does player B win or lose and why? Both started with a $5 bet.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak 
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 1021
August 9th, 2017 at 4:52:05 PM permalink
Quote: sixsisters

I don't understand " a phantom player" Do you mean if all players stand, that the next card is not the dealer's second card? I think if all players stand, the next card is definitely the dealers second card.

Let's say only 2 people are players. The players have 8/8 versus a dealer 10. Player A stands, afraid of busting. Player B splits his 8's. On the first 8 gets a 4 and doubles down. He then busts with a 10. On the other 8 he gets another 8 and resplits. He gets a 10 for 18, stands and on the third 8 he gets another 4 and doubles down again, feeling due and lucky. He gets another 10 and busts. The Dealer then gets an Ace for BJ.
How much does player A win or lose and why? How much does player B win or lose and why? Both started with a $5 bet.


I'm not sure how splitting works but I'm pretty sure he's saying the dealer continues hitting the community hand until it busts, but each individual gets paid based on the hand when/if they made the decision to stand.
racquet
racquet
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 95
August 9th, 2017 at 6:12:24 PM permalink
I think the community cards are distributed based on each player's individual circumstance. Everyone starts off with the same two cards. If Player A stands, then the next card out of the shoe, in the community pile, goes to the dealer, if needed, to resolve the dealer's hand -- for Player A only. If Player B decides to hit the hand, he gets that card and, assuming he's done, the community card after that goes to the dealer -- for Player B only. If Player C takes a card, then takes another card, ok - the third community card goes to the dealer to resolve the dealer's hand for Player C only. Your play does not effect what happens to the other players and their play of the two player cards. That's what they tout as a benefit - you aren't screwed when someone takes a card they should not, since it's not part of the game between just you and the dealer.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 162
  • Posts: 9594
August 10th, 2017 at 6:59:29 AM permalink
Phantom player? I made that comment based upon what I saw when watching. I wasn't playing. I don't remember the exact cards that led me to that decision. I thought that any reasonable player would have stood by then, but more cards than needed for the dealer's hand were dealt.

Maybe next time I'll ask questions and/or play...
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.

  • Jump to: