billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 1849
June 15th, 2017 at 1:01:26 PM permalink
I read a few years ago that Pete Rose lost his job and was banned from a casino( MGM?) when he refused to return a horse wager that was paid out in his favor.
I seem to recall the amount was about two thousand dollars, was caught almost immediately and the sports book manager explained that not only would the employee who overpaid him most likely lose his job, but Rose himself would no longer be hired for meet and greets and the like.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 3381
June 15th, 2017 at 1:06:07 PM permalink
I have been prohibited temporarily from playing in pa for refusing to give a large wager back, I gave in once it can to that but I definitely pushed the issue
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 1849
June 15th, 2017 at 1:16:21 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

I have been prohibited temporarily from playing in pa for refusing to give a large wager back, I gave in once it can to that but I definitely pushed the issue



Just to clarify.
Do you mean you were prohibited from a casino or from the entire state?
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1379
June 15th, 2017 at 1:17:06 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

I have been prohibited temporarily from playing in pa for refusing to give a large wager back, I gave in once it can to that but I definitely pushed the issue


I don't usually side with casinos but I think if they can show that you were paid by mistake that you should have to give it back.
IT'S no different than a bank putting money in your account by mistake.
I've seen players say no ,you paid me so it's mine now, that just seems like a foolish argument to me.
What we've got here is failure to communicate
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 1849
June 15th, 2017 at 1:30:57 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

I don't usually side with casinos but I think if they can show that you were paid by mistake that you should have to give it back.
IT'S no different than a bank putting money in your account by mistake.
I've seen players say no ,you paid me so it's mine now, that just seems like a foolish argument to me.




Some people are stupid. Some people are greedy. I was watching the Peoples Court and this woman seemed to feel she shouldn't have to pay for an Ipod because she gave it to someone else. Her sister had put it on her credit card and she'd promised to pay it but kept insisting since she gave it to someone else, she was no longer liable for the bill. Judge tried to explain why she was , but she couldn't get it.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 5214
June 15th, 2017 at 1:40:46 PM permalink
IDGAF what ya do, just don't do anything that'll take money out of my hands. If you hit to 22 and dealer pays you and you wanna give it, go ahead. But if I hit to 22 and I get paid then you point that out to the dealer -- don't, just don't.
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 161
  • Posts: 9561
June 15th, 2017 at 1:49:49 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

P.S. Who is going to fill in for PGD in these arguments?

I was thinking about Dan when I posted on page 1:

Quote: DJTeddyBear

You should probably give it back even before being asked to do so.

Good karma...

Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 1849
Thanks for this post from:
Romesmonet0412
June 15th, 2017 at 2:04:04 PM permalink
Quote: RS

IDGAF what ya do, just don't do anything that'll take money out of my hands. If you hit to 22 and dealer pays you and you wanna give it, go ahead. But if I hit to 22 and I get paid then you point that out to the dealer -- don't, just don't.



Snitches get stiches.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
ECoaster
ECoaster
Joined: Apr 21, 2014
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 83
June 15th, 2017 at 4:15:52 PM permalink
What about telling a fellow player that they were underpaid?

Years ago I was playing 3CP and a woman next to me had a nice hit (maybe straight flush) and the dealer paid the pair plus bet but left out the ante bonus part. I calmly mentioned to her that it wasn't right, but the dealer said it was and she didn't argue. I just figured oh well. She was playing multiple greens on each hand so there was a decent amount involved.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 1849
June 15th, 2017 at 5:48:29 PM permalink
I generally don't pay attention to that sort of thing, and try to bring as little attention as possible to myself, so that would be a no.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way

  • Jump to: