Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 63
May 1st, 2017 at 10:48:18 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I had a couple month period when trying to raise a BR in LV where I lived on a $100 a month on food, so $10 a day it can be done if motivated. It was pretty much strictly 2 buffet comps a day with $1-$2 tips, probably can't do $100 a month if you don't have the comps unless On a strict PBJ, ramen, rice and beans, frozen/canned veggies diet.

I think $10 a day in food would be easy for me and that is without using any comps. I could probably manage on $5-$6 a day if I tried hard.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 57
May 1st, 2017 at 10:52:58 AM permalink
Long as the money is in cash, OP can apply for and receive Medicare and Food Stamps. Single guy like him can get about $179-195 a month in EBT debit card.
Free phone, as well.
Three years ago, I did the FoodStamp challenge, where I tried to live for a month on ,I think ,$8 a day.
With planning, it wasn't hard at all. Ate a lot of Captain Crunch- it was on sale for 4 boxes for $5, and more spaghetti and meat sauce than normal, but the hardest part was not eating out much. I did use a BOGO coupon for two Whoppers one day and ate a few items off Taco Bells dollar menu. Even had two Spicy McChickens once.
I ended the month with a few dollars left.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
  • Threads: 12
May 1st, 2017 at 12:50:35 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Long as the money is in cash, OP can apply for and receive Medicare and Food Stamps. Single guy like him can get about $179-195 a month in EBT debit card.
Free phone, as well.
Three years ago, I did the FoodStamp challenge, where I tried to live for a month on ,I think ,$8 a day.
With planning, it wasn't hard at all. Ate a lot of Captain Crunch- it was on sale for 4 boxes for $5, and more spaghetti and meat sauce than normal, but the hardest part was not eating out much. I did use a BOGO coupon for two Whoppers one day and ate a few items off Taco Bells dollar menu. Even had two Spicy McChickens once.
I ended the month with a few dollars left.

Good call on foodstamps and medicare.

If one gets really desperate, there are free accommodations in Vegas. They're typically gender specific and may have to perform service. =]

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/roo/6102147039.html
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 413
Thanks for this post from:
ZenKinG
May 1st, 2017 at 1:17:21 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I had a couple month period when trying to raise a BR in LV where I lived on a $100 a month on food, so $10 a day it can be done if motivated. It was pretty much strictly 2 buffet comps a day with $1-$2 tips, probably can't do $100 a month if you don't have the comps unless On a strict PBJ, ramen, rice and beans, frozen/canned veggies diet.

food should be near $0 because of Caesars diamond Lounges.
there are like half a dozen in Vegas, each location having a different choice of foods.

Op, with a $50k budget, take a short trip to Harrah's Lake Tahoe and make Diamond or even 7stars.
they have a 3/5play 9-6 Jacks or Better (99.54%) $1/$2 denom at $10 per tier credit.

with 7stars, follow this strategy to live rent free for over a year because 7stars are guaranteed free rooms:
http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gaming-business/caesars/27029-7stars-live-rent-free-for-2-years/
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 137
May 1st, 2017 at 2:53:49 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Paranoia!!!!!

"It'll destroy you"

Ray Davies....The Kinks
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 137
May 1st, 2017 at 3:04:59 PM permalink
So much great advice from Axel, Sigfriend and other on here for anyone looking to move to LV as a player. One can only hope others take it for the value in it from people who know.

Or you can just think you have it all figured out and don't need advice.
Last edited by: Boz on May 1, 2017
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
May 1st, 2017 at 4:10:48 PM permalink
If you're that hungry while in Vegas, you can always apply for the next McNugget challenge. ;-)
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 22
May 1st, 2017 at 4:58:59 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

If you're that hungry while in Vegas, you can always apply for the next McNugget challenge. ;-)

Well regarding food expense, I tend to use a fasting lifestyle way of eating, which is called intermittent fasting. This also isnt some fad diet, but its actually backed by a lot of science and studies to be really good for you and basically destroys the 6 meals a day myth.

I never eat breakfast and usually go about 16 hours minimum each day before I have my first meal(this includes 8 hrs of sleep the previous night). So each day I'll have 2 meals max, most likely one small meal and one big meal at night. So this way of eating should cut my food expense a lot and I think an average of $10 a day is accurate. I'll also have to do some food shopping, which I have never done in my life, but I think it will be a must as you can save a lot at the grocery store instead of always buying out, obviosuly
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF >
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 270
ZenKinGRomes
May 1st, 2017 at 5:11:25 PM permalink
Ramen is your friend.
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 57
beachbumbabsRomesmamatfearlessdragon
May 1st, 2017 at 5:23:15 PM permalink
Every morning in basic SEAL training, my instructors, who at the time were all Viet Nam veterans, would show up in my barracks room and the first thing they would inspect was your bed.
If you did it right, the corners would be square, the covers pulled tight, the pillow centered just under the headboard and the extra blanket folded neatly at the foot of the rack—rack—that's Navy talk for bed.
It was a simple task—mundane at best. But every morning we were required to make our bed to perfection. It seemed a little ridiculous at the time, particularly in light of the fact that were aspiring to be real warriors, tough battle hardened SEALs—but the wisdom of this simple act has been proven to me many times over.
If you make your bed every morning you will have accomplished the first task of the day. It will give you a small sense of pride and it will encourage you to do another task and another and another.
By the end of the day, that one task completed will have turned into many tasks completed. Making your bed will also reinforce the fact that little things in life matter.
If you can't do the little things right, you will never do the big things right.
And, if by chance you have a miserable day, you will come home to a bed that is made—that you made—and a made bed gives you encouragement that tomorrow will be better.
If you want to change your world, start by making your bed.
Bill McRaven. US Navy Seal, Retired
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way

• Jump to: