JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
March 14th, 2017 at 9:29:59 AM permalink
Thanks for the screenshots, I will investigate. Clearly something isn't right.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
May 24th, 2017 at 4:38:15 AM permalink
The intermittent problems with the strategy advice have finally been resolved.

Previously, it was not uncommon to get incorrect results or an "Analysis Error" for the scenario being analyzed.

What was happening was the game would frequently show you results from somebody else's analysis due to a design flaw. So the results were being calculated correctly, but they weren't necessarily for the scenario you analyzed. "Analysis Error" would appear when two simultaneous calculations collided, causing the calculator application to crash on the server.

Each calculation is now properly isolated, so you only see the results for your scenario, as intended.

The blackjack hand calculator is implicitly fixed as well, since it relies on the same application as the card counting game.

I'm still not sure what caused the problem with the running count depicted in the screenshot on page 1, as the calculations (in the code) appear to be correct, and I have not been able to reproduce it. The only thing I can think of is if the initial running count in the options was changed to something other than zero, in which case things won't appear to add up.

• Jump to: