SnapBack
SnapBack
  • Threads: 13
February 20th, 2017 at 7:56:18 AM permalink
Suppose I am the only person playing black jack with the dealer at a table. If I bust, and the dealer flips his/her second card and it does not add up to 17, does the dealer have to continue to draw to 17? Or 16 as they say.

Example : My hand 5,10,10 (I bust)
Dealer : 2,3 (Dealers total is 5. Is the game over or does the dealer draw to 17) ?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanked by
SnapBack
February 20th, 2017 at 8:00:46 AM permalink
No, normally they do not draw. The only exception I can think of is a side bet based on the dealer busting. And in a few locations, they don't even expose the hole card.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
SnapBack
February 20th, 2017 at 8:01:51 AM permalink
If you're playing heads up with no side bets then no, the dealer does not continue to draw as the hand is over and the only reason they flip their card up is to show the camera and the players and move on.

There are "some" side bets that require the dealer to complete their hand though, and with those side bets/special cases the dealer will then draw to complete their hand. However in my opinion/experience this is not the norm. The norm is no, they don't draw to complete their hand if everyone at the table either busted or got a blackjack to be completed.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: