lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
January 21st, 2017 at 3:14:37 AM permalink
Compared to a larger spread.
For example purposes: 6 deck, 1 deck cut out of play, s17, DAS, no CSM used BJ pays 3/2

What would the difference be in a player's average hourly earnings be spreading $25 to $150 compared to spreading $10 to $150?

How much overall edge has he lost.

I know 6 deck is not good game to be scouting for. It's just an example.

Thanks
Please don't feed the trolls
BW21
BW21
  • Threads: 16
January 21st, 2017 at 9:09:09 AM permalink
Not really sure what the losses are per 100 hands. You would have to run a sim. It probably cuts your winrate by more than half. A 6 to 1 spread is very conservative for a shoe game. That spread would be more for a double deck game. You want at least a 10 to 1 in a shoe game to get a decent edge unless you are back counting.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:03:09 AM permalink
Yes, a SIM is going to give you the most accurate results, though I've compared over and over with my excel calculations (based on 75% PEN default and .5% TC average edges) and they are very close every time.

In my A-Z articles I show you how to set up an excel sheet to calculate the hourly EV (assuming 100 hands per hour) for any game of blackjack and any spread you want. I'd implore you to read those as well as the A-Z thread in which I link my excel sheets in google docs for you to simply download and play with your own house edges and spreads.

$10 to $150 spread ~$16/hour
$25 to $150 spread ~$14.50/hour

*Assumes wonging out at TC -2 and I also optimized the spreads how I would play them.

Also, a very important note is that you're not using a "larger" spread in either scenario. A "larger" spread would indicate that your MAX BET is higher in one spread than the other. If your MAX bet is $150 no matter what, then clearly it would be better to bet as small as possible in the lower/negative counts. Thus, obviously you're going to lose less at those counts betting $10 as opposed to $25.

Say your normal spread is $10 to $150 (15 to 1), and you want to know if a "larger" spread, such as $25-$300 (12 to 1), is worth it.
$10 to $150 spread ~$16/hour
$25 to $300 spread ~$30/hour

*Again assumes wonging out at TC -2 and I optimized the spreads how I would play them.

Also, 6 deck games w/ S17 are some of the best games to play... ESPECIALLY if they give you 83% (5/6) PEN. This is a fantastic game to count... Ask any counter, the majority of the money they make is from 6D and 8D games as generally the 1D and 2D games are much more closely watched and/or have crappy PEN.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: