Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 37
January 11th, 2017 at 4:27:37 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If you routinely handle large amounts of cash, I'd get advice from a CPA, not from me.
Generating a CTR is not a big deal. I'd imagine tens of millions are generated on a daily basis.
Much better to generate routine CTRs than to get caught trying to avoid them by structuring and or engaging in activities that will result in Suspicious Activity Reports.

I'm not seeking advice, you were saying that you had no problems depositing large amounts of money.
It makes a difference if it is cash or not.
I generate Ctrs frequently it's not a problem.
As Mc said earlier many banks don't like customers that deal in cash.
What we've got here is failure to communicate
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
January 11th, 2017 at 4:53:09 PM permalink
The only time I drove I-40 through New Mexico it was early February and it was the only time I hit black ice. I would go I-10.

That being said, definitely do not take full bankroll with you. I have two friends, young female college students who got pulled over in West Texas driving to AZ for Spring training vacation because they had California plates, the trooper searched their car for 30 minutes looking for drugs, cash etc. All he found was clothes and an ice chest with food and beverages.
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 120
January 11th, 2017 at 6:00:33 PM permalink
What is it with people from NJ and fear of snow?

Today you get the weather outlook for a week in advance ... you can go which ever way you want and re-route on the go if something changes . So many places to head south along the way if weather goes bad.

76-70-40 ..... would a one day delay from a snowfall really set you back too much?

TIRE CHAINS are amazing things... but if you can't drive in the first place they will get you into trouble ...its like people in 4X4 trucks suvs in the snow they seem to end up in the ditches a lot more

but think I would stop for a day instead of putting them on a sports car...having seen what damage they do when they fail and hit body panels

here is the stuff I used to drive in a bit WITH TIRE CHAINS on...note how many of those upside down trucks have chains on

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/millsy/Oilpatch/Superstars.html

PS I would be a lot more worried about getting stopped by the road bandits looking for cash than a chance of snow
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 14
January 11th, 2017 at 8:42:34 PM permalink
Well, I dont know why everyone is telling me to not take my bankroll with me in cash. First off, a state trooper is unlikely to pull me over anyway since i do have a top shelf radar that is also made out of magnesium thereby making it undetectable for a cop to stop me for that as well and me also then having the ability to know where all the cops are. I never got one ticket in 5 years with this radar for any infraction besides tinted windows, which no radar can protect you from. Of course sometimes the radar doesnt go off, but when it doesnt go off they usually dont have their radar gun on and are not actively patrolling to nail someone for an infraction. Of course laser is a threat and there's no defense for that unless you get a laser jammer, but it still gives me ample time to stop because the laser might hit another car which then alerts my radar and might give me enough time to stop. Im also aware of the radar laws in this country and Texas is my only threat where that would be illegal that im traveling through. But again since my radar is made out of magnesium, it is thereby undetectable by cops through their gadgets and if i get pulled over ill just remove it from windshield.

But yea even if they did stop me for something else, or just to stop me because im an out of state driver, which is probably the likely case for why ill be potentially pulled over, they cannot legally search my car without a warrant unless i give them the freedom to do so out of fear. Im pretty well rounded in law, at least in terms of dealing with cops and i know my rights pretty well. Of course the police is corrupt and can try and get some dogs to purposefully jump on my window and claim it is 'probable cause' and that they have a right to search my car for potential 'drugs'. But I believe if im just cooperative with the cop and nicely say he does not have a warrant to search my car, and if i didnt do anything wrong, id like to be on my way to my destination, i should be fine.
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF >
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 21
January 11th, 2017 at 8:52:45 PM permalink
It's not the State Troopers you have to worry about. It's the corrupt podunkville pd that gets a good deal of its funding from asset forfeiture. Have fun explaining your civil rights to them, and then their cousin the judge, who is married to the sheriffs sister.
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
January 11th, 2017 at 8:54:55 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

It's not the State Troopers you have to worry about. It's the corrupt podunkville pd that gets a good deal of its funding from asset forfeiture. Have fun explaining your civil rights to them, and then their cousin the judge, who is married to the sheriffs sister.

Doesnt matter. First off I know how corrupt not just the PD is in this country, but all of government. Secondly, it doesnt matter how corrupt they are, they wont be able to search my car without a warrant. Most of the people who get their cash seized on the road is because they gave into fear or got tricked into letting the cops search their car or maybe they were intoxicated and cops took advantage of the situation to get into his car somehow once again either by tricking the guy or just using illegal actions.

Your car is like your house, no search warrant, no entry, simple. And if a cop never searches your car, he will never know you had money to begin with. End of story. It seems to be Oklahoma is my biggest threat for civil asset forfeiture? Maybe ill just avoid that state. I also wont be answering any questions that can lead the cop to believe i have any money on me such as where i am traveling. If I say las vegas, then the suspicion will begin.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 58
January 11th, 2017 at 9:05:14 PM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

Doesnt matter. First off I know how corrupt not just the PD is in this country, but all of government. Secondly, it doesnt matter how corrupt they are, they wont be able to search my car without a warrant. Most of the people who get their cash seized on the road is because they gave into fear or got tricked into letting the cops search their car or maybe they were intoxicated and cops took advantage of the situation to get into his car somehow once again either by tricking the guy or just using illegal actions.

Your car is like your house, no search warrant, no entry, simple. And if a cop never searches your car, he will never know you had money to begin with. End of story. It seems to be Oklahoma is my biggest threat for civil asset forfeiture? Maybe ill just avoid that state. I also wont be answering any questions that can lead the cop to believe i have any money on me such as where i am traveling. If I say las vegas, then the suspicion will begin.

Here's what really happens when they want to steal your money:

1) pull you over and ask to search
2) you deny them
3) they hold you there until a second unit arrives which WILL BE A K-9 unit
4) the dog makes a "false hit"
5) cop now has a reason to make a search without a warrant

Don't be so naive.
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
January 11th, 2017 at 9:08:08 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Here's what really happens when they want to steal your money:

1) pull you over and ask to search
2) you deny them
3) they hold you there until a second unit arrives which WILL BE A K-9 unit
4) the dog makes a "false hit"
5) cop now has a reason to make a search without a warrant

Don't be so naive.

Im aware of the dog trick they use. That's what i exactly stated before though and i mentioned if i just act politely with the cop that im just traveling and they have no right to search my car without a warrant and didnt do anything wrong, am i free to go? Maybe even scratch the warrant part as i might come off as a dickhead to the cops.

So much for America the Free? Still laugh at all the idiots celebrating every July 4th. Well I guess it's time to get my camera out and my mount and set it up in my car. Wont do much anyway in the short term as all the cash will be seized, but better than nothing.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 58
January 11th, 2017 at 9:15:48 PM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

Im aware of the dog trick they use. That's what i exactly stated before though and i mentioned if i just act politely with the cop that im just traveling and they have no right to search my car without a warrant and didnt do anything wrong, am i free to go? Maybe even scratch the warrant part as i might come off as a dickhead to the cops.

So much for America the Free? Still laugh at all the idiots celebrating every July 4th. Well I guess it's time to get my camera out and my mount and set it up in my car. Wont do much anyway in the short term as all the cash will be seized, but better than nothing.

I can't recall an instance where someone said no to a search and the cops obliged. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I've never heard of seen of it.

It's just best to stay out of those particular areas.
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
January 11th, 2017 at 9:27:09 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I can't recall an instance where someone said no to a search and the cops obliged. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I've never heard of seen of it.

It's just best to stay out of those particular areas.

I guess ill be stuffing my bankroll in my shoes. Cops never ask you to take your shoes off and they only pat you down to the bottom of your pants. There's also no law that can make you take your shoes off. All they can do is what they call a 'frisk'. They can then search my car all they want, the bankroll wont be in there. LOL. I love beating the rigged system, it's what i do.

• Jump to: