sideways
sideways
  • Threads: 1
October 4th, 2016 at 4:09:39 PM permalink
I often see house edge expressed as the percentage of every dollar one will lose over many hands.

But can anyone correlate it to the percentages of hands one should expect to lose/push/win after many iterations of play assuming, say, a .5 house edge?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 4th, 2016 at 4:42:12 PM permalink
Quote: sideways

I often see house edge expressed as the percentage of every dollar one will lose over many hands.

But can anyone correlate it to the percentages of hands one should expect to lose/push/win after many iterations of play assuming, say, a .5 house edge?

HE doesn't necessarily compare to wins. Each game has a different probably of winning, losing, and pushing. Bets paying different amounts like a BJ or double change that number.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
October 4th, 2016 at 6:52:03 PM permalink
Pretty much what Gwae said
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 4th, 2016 at 10:31:34 PM permalink
Wizard of odds site has BJ tables & graphs & info and whatnot. Probably what you're looking for. (Sorry I'm too lazy to link.)
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
October 5th, 2016 at 6:04:40 AM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Pretty much what Gwae said

Exactly. What the bet pays has to be taken into account - and if it's a bet that has many possible payouts, like video poker, then it's harder to convert HE to probability.

Let's say you're making a bet that has probability P of winning.
If the bet pays (0.99/P - 1) to 1 odds, then the HE is 1%.
As you can see, the odds of winning the bet can be anything.
  • Jump to: