stabworld
stabworld
Joined: Mar 10, 2014
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 297
May 4th, 2015 at 3:16:56 PM permalink
Quote: TedM

The thing I am not sure about is their review process, do they have a bunch of entry level surveillance guys trying to look good to upper management by saying hey we caught x number of guys this month for you. Or do they have a thorough veteran team that really truly investigates a player before they make the decision. Borgata seems to be doing well and they probably figure they have plenty of people to take my place anyway. I also wonder how many "skilled players" they discover on a weekly/monthly basis.




I'm one of them. They just recently froze my comp account. I spoke with a table games shift supervisor, and they said:

"you have been identified as a "skilled player" and as a "business decision" we decided to take away your comps, and you can no longer receive comps. You can still play blackjack, but have to play only one spot and cannot bet more than 10X the table minimum."

I argued the point to her, that I give the casino a lot of poker play, and a good percentage of my comp dollars are through poker play, so why am I getting that taken away? She stated: "sorry its a management decision. She said: "you can try to talk to the poker host, and have those comps dollars reinstated, but , most likely it won't happen, your not the first person that this has happened to."

I spoke with the poker host "Mable", she said she has to speak to her boss and will get back to me. Haven't heard anything, it's been a week.
stabworld
stabworld
Joined: Mar 10, 2014
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 297
May 4th, 2015 at 3:26:30 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Hi, TedM. Try contacting the Wizard of Odds. He writes a column for Atlantic County Magazine, the last of which can be found on page 23 of the April 17th issue. You can read it online. Your problem may be too hot to handle for a magazine that makes money from casinos but you never know. Perhaps the Wizard could do something behind the scenes or steer you in the right direction.

As far as your plight, been there done that many times. The B is the only major casino that I know of that automatically restricts betting to those who do not present a player's card. I know people who use cards under different names to get around it.



Not just the Borgtoa that caps your bet without a players card, in AC,:

-Borgota: no players card = 1 spot, 10X table min
-Golden Nugget: no players card = 1 spot $100 max bet (regardless of table min).
-Bally's: no players card = (depending on pit) 1 spot, $100 max bet or, 1 spot table max.
-Caesars: no players card = 1 spot $1,000 max bet
-Harah's: no players card = 1 spot table max

-Taj: no players card = no restrictions, (but probably will be observing your play more than a rated player, especially once those big bets come out)

Not sure about: Resorts and Trop (as I always played rated there)
nvr55xx
nvr55xx
Joined: Jan 28, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 83
May 5th, 2015 at 7:06:37 AM permalink
Quote: stabworld

Not just the Borgtoa that caps your bet without a players card, in AC,:

-Borgota: no players card = 1 spot, 10X table min
-Golden Nugget: no players card = 1 spot $100 max bet (regardless of table min).
-Bally's: no players card = (depending on pit) 1 spot, $100 max bet or, 1 spot table max.
-Caesars: no players card = 1 spot $1,000 max bet
-Harah's: no players card = 1 spot table max

-Taj: no players card = no restrictions, (but probably will be observing your play more than a rated player, especially once those big bets come out)

Not sure about: Resorts and Trop (as I always played rated there)



I thought that these player's cards were supposed to be an "optional gift" from the casinos and not a "mandatory requirement" to play there! So you're saying that if I walk into the Golden Nugget with $200 and want to go all or nothing on one hand, I CAN'T unless I spend 20 minutes signing up for a damn player's card!? WTF!? (Wow! That's Funny!)
Fortunately, other businesses haven't (yet) become this paranoid about their customers. However, more and more department and grocery stores are offering points programs. These programs allow the stores to discriminate against customers and give discounts to only their "preferred" customers. People who purchase "unprofitable" items may see their points wiped out. One trend that I have noticed at all stores is a requirement to provide ID to get a refund, even with a receipt! Officially, it's to protect the store from "fraud", but I wonder how many people are trying to scam stores out of a $4.00 package of gum!
Stores still offer items on sale to people who don't have points cards, but I wonder how long it will be before stores make these points cards mandatory to receive any kind of discount. "Sir, you're welcome to shop here, but unless I see some ID you can't buy anything that's on sale."
stabworld
stabworld
Joined: Mar 10, 2014
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 297
May 5th, 2015 at 8:29:08 AM permalink
Quote: nvr55xx

I thought that these player's cards were supposed to be an "optional gift" from the casinos and not a "mandatory requirement" to play there! So you're saying that if I walk into the Golden Nugget with $200 and want to go all or nothing on one hand, I CAN'T unless I spend 20 minutes signing up for a damn player's card!? WTF!? (Wow! That's Funny!)
Fortunately, other businesses haven't (yet) become this paranoid about their customers. However, more and more department and grocery stores are offering points programs. These programs allow the stores to discriminate against customers and give discounts to only their "preferred" customers. People who purchase "unprofitable" items may see their points wiped out. One trend that I have noticed at all stores is a requirement to provide ID to get a refund, even with a receipt! Officially, it's to protect the store from "fraud", but I wonder how many people are trying to scam stores out of a $4.00 package of gum!
Stores still offer items on sale to people who don't have points cards, but I wonder how long it will be before stores make these points cards mandatory to receive any kind of discount. "Sir, you're welcome to shop here, but unless I see some ID you can't buy anything that's on sale."



They certainly do that, here at my local supermarkets, and have been doing it for years. No store card = you can't get the item that's on sale at the sale price.
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
May 5th, 2015 at 8:34:39 AM permalink
Quote: stabworld

Quote: nvr55xx

I thought that these player's cards were supposed to be an "optional gift" from the casinos and not a "mandatory requirement" to play there! So you're saying that if I walk into the Golden Nugget with $200 and want to go all or nothing on one hand, I CAN'T unless I spend 20 minutes signing up for a damn player's card!? WTF!? (Wow! That's Funny!)
Fortunately, other businesses haven't (yet) become this paranoid about their customers. However, more and more department and grocery stores are offering points programs. These programs allow the stores to discriminate against customers and give discounts to only their "preferred" customers. People who purchase "unprofitable" items may see their points wiped out. One trend that I have noticed at all stores is a requirement to provide ID to get a refund, even with a receipt! Officially, it's to protect the store from "fraud", but I wonder how many people are trying to scam stores out of a $4.00 package of gum!
Stores still offer items on sale to people who don't have points cards, but I wonder how long it will be before stores make these points cards mandatory to receive any kind of discount. "Sir, you're welcome to shop here, but unless I see some ID you can't buy anything that's on sale."



They certainly do that, here at my local supermarkets, and have been doing it for years. No store card = you can't get the item that's on sale at the sale price.



Supermarket cashiers always seem to have a card in their pocket and are willing to swipe it for those of us who don't have one. Positive EV for them or their family no doubt.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
nvr55xx
nvr55xx
Joined: Jan 28, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 83
May 5th, 2015 at 1:03:27 PM permalink
Quote: stabworld


They certainly do that, here at my local supermarkets, and have been doing it for years. No store card = you can't get the item that's on sale at the sale price.


If you don't mind me asking, what supermarket do you shop at? Have you had a problem being suspected of being an "advantage shopper"? I figured that corporations and "big data" would eventually get to that point; I didn't think that we were at that point now! Have you known people that have been banned from stores for noncriminal, but nonetheless undesired, activities? WTF?! (Were They Frustrated?)
TedM
TedM
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 10
May 13th, 2015 at 4:11:53 AM permalink
Oh man that sucks. Do you count cards though? I actually don't so that is why I was more upset and confused about them identifying me as one. I guess let us know if you hear back from them about it.
sammydv
sammydv
Joined: Mar 25, 2016
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 469
May 22nd, 2016 at 11:28:58 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

What does it hurt if he does write the letter, say his play is an open book, and he's been a good customer who would like to return to that status? I think there's at least a chance the Borgata would be responsive. The usual pattern for a scorched AP, at least as you all report it, is that they don't openly come back to a store where they're burned. Just the fact that the OP is protesting the decision as a rated player should say something to the Borg about his intentions and differentiate him from a playah. My opinion only, not based on personal experience.



I agree with you BB, as it's no big effort on his part to mail a registered letter to be signed, with no embellishments, asking why and if his earned comps and standing could be returned if the Casino would research it he believes he is innocent. It's not the speculation whether the casino will do anything. It's that he made an honest effort and should now be on record of such action. It is never wrong or not worth the effort to always respond in as professional business like way to actions thought to be unfair. I think it's disingenuous to suggest people don't try. I hope he did.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 3407
May 22nd, 2016 at 4:46:34 PM permalink
I may be wrong but things starting to smell fishy
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
sammydv
sammydv
Joined: Mar 25, 2016
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 469
May 22nd, 2016 at 8:11:33 PM permalink
Quote: nvr55xx

If you don't mind me asking, what supermarket do you shop at? Have you had a problem being suspected of being an "advantage shopper"? I figured that corporations and "big data" would eventually get to that point; I didn't think that we were at that point now! Have you known people that have been banned from stores for noncriminal, but nonetheless undesired, activities? WTF?! (Were They Frustrated?)



I once got backed off by my local 711 for too many times with deposit slurpee cups.

  • Jump to: