theOmega623
theOmega623
  • Threads: 16
January 16th, 2015 at 10:40:21 AM permalink
Im wondering about how many hands per hour I should be able to get by playing alone. Hopefully in the 150 range if I get some fast dealers (I myself play hands pretty fast).
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
January 16th, 2015 at 11:12:20 AM permalink
Quote: theOmega623

Im wondering about how many hands per hour I should be able to get by playing alone. Hopefully in the 150 range if I get some fast dealers (I myself play hands pretty fast).

More like 200.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 16th, 2015 at 11:24:39 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

More like 200.

All the more reason you don't need to camp out for hours on end. Take a look at Ace's current trip report. Hit them, take a break for food, hit them again, go to a show/dinner/whatever, hit them again, etc... Leave them thinking "Man this guy comes in and plays blacks for 45 min then runs out and comes back... He'll give it all to us eventually" instead of giving them time to go "Okay this is the 9th shoe in a row he's upped his bet in a slightly positive count, he must be counting. Give him the tap!"

I'm not sure what games you're used to playing, but if you're not used to heads up / fast dealers / etc it can be a bit overwhelming the first time. I'd try having someone deal to you head up as fast as they possibly can. This should be good practice to get you comfortable to the speed (again this is if you haven't previously had a lot of experience with it, my apologies if you have).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
theOmega623
theOmega623
January 16th, 2015 at 12:41:34 PM permalink
If I can get around 200 hands an hour I would be thrilled. And yes, I have played heads up against very fast dealers before several times it doesnt bother me a bit. (The faster the better!) That was always playing 6/8 deck games in AC as there were always other players jumping in & out slowing the game. This time I plan to keep a count of how many games (or shoes) I play through, this way I can get a general idea of how many hands I have played. I know its generally between 10-12 hands per double-deck (depending on penetration).
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 19th, 2015 at 11:11:17 PM permalink
FWIW, I was not at the Monte Carlo, I was at a CET property. The majority of my play was 50-100/hand of PaiGowPoker, spread over 2 hands, total time gambling, 40 hours over 7 days. Of that, 28 hours was PGP, 2 hours craps, 5 hours low-denom slots, 5 hours other carnival games.

They comped me 6 nights in a suite, I charged everything to the room, at the end they wrote everything off.

I would think the Monte Carlo will do at least as much for you based on your planned play, which is much higher than mine.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
theOmega623
theOmega623
January 20th, 2015 at 6:51:28 AM permalink
Thank you very much for your response beachbumbabs, this makes feel even better about using such a small spread. I will definitely charge everything to my room & hopefully I can get my room & most of my expenses (if not all of it) comped.
  • Jump to: