Thread Rating:

UTHfan
UTHfan
  • Threads: 17
August 30th, 2013 at 10:19:33 PM permalink
newbie time...
So, there I was. I must have had a 6-deck shoe that was fucking front loaded with tens-K.
So, I hit a lot of easy hands, but nearly every decision point that could lead to busting lead to busting because a ten-point card came up.
Basically, how should I handle a hot shoe? Is there a Wiz chart for that?
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
August 31st, 2013 at 12:05:23 AM permalink
Quote: UTHfan

newbie time...
So, there I was. I must have had a 6-deck shoe that was fucking front loaded with tens-K.
So, I hit a lot of easy hands, but nearly every decision point that could lead to busting lead to busting because a ten-point card came up.
Basically, how should I handle a hot shoe? Is there a Wiz chart for that?

Increase your bet!
EdgeLooker
EdgeLooker
  • Threads: 21
August 31st, 2013 at 1:44:02 AM permalink
But we have all seen it happen- running count is now way into the negative, players start betting big and then the count goes back up. When they see all the low cards coming out, they don't want to bet big when the should be, lol.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
August 31st, 2013 at 1:44:25 AM permalink
There's sort of no such thing as a "hot shoe." If you got a lot of tens right off the bat, you may want to leave, since it means there will be fewer down the line. Streaks only exist in retrospect. The Wizard's chart will give you a pretty good strategy, and you may be able to find a better one, but with so many tens gone, there won't exist a +EV one.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
  • Jump to: