rocketman
rocketman
  • Threads: 3
November 17th, 2010 at 9:49:21 PM permalink
What if I bet a unit on 6 or 8 hardway, and made the same bet on the corresponding Big 6 or Big 8?

If 7 comes out (as is most likely), I lose all units. If a soft 6/8 is rolled, I break even. If the shooter rolls doubles, I win 8 units.

I know nothing will ever be a sure thing, that's why its called gambling. But does this sound like a somewhat safe system?
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
November 17th, 2010 at 11:00:45 PM permalink
Quote: rocketman

What if I bet a unit on 6 or 8 hardway, and made the same bet on the corresponding Big 6 or Big 8?

If 7 comes out (as is most likely), I lose all units. If a soft 6/8 is rolled, I break even. If the shooter rolls doubles, I win 8 units.

I know nothing will ever be a sure thing, that's why its called gambling. But does this sound like a somewhat safe system?

No. You would be fighting about a 10% disadvantage overall. You would get crushed in short order.

In any case, it would be better to make a place bet on the corresponding number, and have it work on the comeout.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 17th, 2010 at 11:23:28 PM permalink
Why bet the big six at 1:1 when the place 6 pays 7:6? Same bet, pays more.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 17th, 2010 at 11:56:02 PM permalink
Quote: rocketman

bet on the corresponding Big 6 or Big 8?

Big 6 and Big 8 are such bad bets that the State of New Jersey does not even allow them to be on the layout, so how could any strategy of using such a bet be a sensible risk to run in Nevada?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 18th, 2010 at 2:58:13 AM permalink
The Hardway 6/8 bet is just as bad in House Edge, however, at least it pays more than 1:1. The Big 6/8 is sort of the ultimate sucker bet, paying 1:1 with a big HE. If a bet only pays even the HE should be smaller you see.

Wikipedia, about halfway down, has a good list of the bet payouts and HE of each on craps.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
superrick
superrick
  • Threads: 28
November 18th, 2010 at 7:57:43 AM permalink
Rocketman

Two bad bets don't make a whole!
To start with the big 6 & 8 are one of the worst bets you can make, you are getting paid even money on your bet.

Quote: FleaStiff

Big 6 and Big 8 are such bad bets that the State of New Jersey does not even allow them to be on the layout, so how could any strategy of using such a bet be a sensible risk to run in Nevada?

There is no way you can justify making that bet even on a $1 table, but yet I see players making the big 6 & 8 bet everyday!
Place your bets on ether one of this points if you want to $6 will get you $7 if the point is hit.

Hardways are bad bets, unless you are rolling them, or the shooters is rolling them, with that said if you must make the bet only bet them for a $1, then parlay the hardway if it hits, your $1 bet if hit twice will pay you $90!

When you make the hardways bet this way, you can look at it like you just placed a pass line bet on you 6 or 8 as you are now getting paid even money if you use the extra $1 that would have been part of your profit!

Just a reminder any bet you give to the stickman is a bad bet, and should be avoided , but if you are like most players that are only playing for entertainment you might have fun with the $1 bet on the hardways.

Although if you are not making the hardways or the shooter is not making them keep your money in the rack, and maybe you can walk out a winner.

Always look at the odds they are going to pay you if a bet hits, and that should tell you if it's a bad bet or not, then never make an even money bet!

….
Note, all my post start with this is just my opinion...! You do good brada ..! superrick Winning comes from knowledge and skill when your betting and not reading fiction http://procraps4u2.myfanforum.org/index.php ...
  • Jump to: