GeorgePane
GeorgePane
  • Threads: 14
May 12th, 2015 at 11:14:18 AM permalink
Should i buy baccarat books i found on sale? are there anything informative there? or just pure betting patterns?
terrymc
terrymc
  • Threads: 1
June 18th, 2015 at 12:39:14 PM permalink
I don't gamble but I study gambling as a hobby.I play poker and and other games for play money not real money.I have a friend I met online who says he can beat several games. He sells these systems at: guruofgambling.com
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 18th, 2015 at 1:25:03 PM permalink
I haven't read a Baccarat book but I couldn't imagine what would be in it.

Make your bet and watch the cards come out.
The End
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
bushman
bushman
  • Threads: 9
June 18th, 2015 at 1:57:43 PM permalink
Only real reason that I see to have one is to learn the rules. Oh yeah, you can pretty much learn those by hitting any website. Just Google the game.

Admit, I do have (cough, cough) a book written by John Patrick. It is a fun, anecdotal read. It gives progression betting information (basically useless.) It does have the rules of the game (when cards are drawn, for either player or banker hand.)

Save yourself some cash. Learn the rules using the internet. Then, make your decision...Player Hand or Banker Hand. Avoid the ties. Can't comment on any of the Progressive Bonus wagers. Me, when I play it is always Banker (they have the advantage, and I am OK with paying the juice on the advantage hand.)
Never count your winnings at hour 23 of a 24-hour drive.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
June 18th, 2015 at 3:46:58 PM permalink
Quote: GeorgePane

Should i buy baccarat books...

Would you ask the same question if it were should I buy a book before betting Red or Black on Roulette, probably not unless you're interested in the history of games.

However, unlike Roulette, where it doesn't matter whether you pick Red or Black (unless you know the wheel is biassed), the logic in Baccarat is the Banker is a slightly better bet (except for some variants paying 1/2 on 6).

As has been said you can pick up the rules online, but if it isn't clear then trying paying the game with a friend (Player) but dealing their two cards face down, let them make their decision and then, showing your cards, your decision based on only the player's third card - this should help explain how some of the drawing rules are created.

I've seen two main variants in person but there are others (wizardofodds has details).
(i) the standard Banker=19/20 Player=Evens;
or (ii) "Punto 2000" or other names where it's Banker:Evens except 1/2 for winning 6s; Player=Evens.
UCivan
UCivan
  • Threads: 84
June 18th, 2015 at 3:53:58 PM permalink
Quote: bushman

Only real reason that I see to have one is to learn the rules. Oh yeah, you can pretty much learn those by hitting any website. Just Google the game.

The only rule a player need to know is placing bet so U can play. About card drawing, it's the dealer's job that players do not really need to know and most players don;t know and don't care. If U are curious about the drawing rules, just look at WoO or many videos on youtube. If it's not your passion, don't attempt to memorize them.
bushman
bushman
  • Threads: 9
June 18th, 2015 at 4:44:00 PM permalink
Quote: UCivan

The only rule a player need to know is placing bet so U can play. About card drawing, it's the dealer's job that players do not really need to know and most players don;t know and don't care. If U are curious about the drawing rules, just look at WoO or many videos on youtube. If it's not your passion, don't attempt to memorize them.

You are, of course, correct. One only needs to know where to place a bet, and on what to place one's bet. Me, I want to know what is happening, as well as make sure the dealer does not make a mistake. We all know errors can, and do happen.
Never count your winnings at hour 23 of a 24-hour drive.
  • Jump to: