bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
March 5th, 2015 at 11:22:15 AM permalink
I was playing VP at Harrah's Ak Chin near Phoenix when the security approached the 80 year old guy playing in the seat next to me. The guy had a Swiss army knife in a small leather pouch on his belt, and the eagle eyed agent spotted the pouch. They have a strict "no weapons" policy and this menace was violating it. They made the guy stop playing and go leave the knife in his care. Shame on these morons for harassing a nice old man.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
zoobrew
zoobrew
  • Threads: 13
March 5th, 2015 at 11:34:43 AM permalink
The only morons are people who think that old people are incapable of committing crimes. Next it will be that "white" people should be exempt because its only Hispanics that commit crimes. Next it will be........
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
March 5th, 2015 at 11:47:23 AM permalink
I've carried a pocket knife my entire life. It's a tool to me, not a weapon.

However, it can be used as one.
Stupid is a choice
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
March 5th, 2015 at 11:48:05 AM permalink
Quote: zoobrew

The only morons are people who think that old people are incapable of committing crimes. Next it will be that "white" people should be exempt because its only Hispanics that commit crimes. Next it will be........

I appreciate your attempt to be a social justice warrior and the suggestion that I am a moron but you are wrong here.

Age is a very important factor in violent crime, the kind that is committed with weapons. Young people commit the overwhelming majority of violent crime and virtually none is committed by people who are 65+. Furthermore, the idea that a frail, 80 year old man is even capable of causing serious injury with a 1.5 inch blade is absurd. However, I would say that I am comfortable with anyone carrying a very small blade like this, it's not really a weapon.

Also, statistically whites and Hispanics commit about the same amount of crime when you control for the fact that the Hispanic population is considerably younger than the white population. For reference I point you to the March 2010 issue of The American Conservative. http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/his-panic/
Vote for Nobody 2020!
  • Jump to: