PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder 
  • Threads: 26
December 20th, 2015 at 4:19:55 PM permalink
I am going to be in Tunica around the middle of January and had a question for people who have been there before. I have the option of staying at the Roadhouse or the Horseshoe for the same price. The room at the Roadhouse is about 25% bigger since it is a suite. Thoughts?
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Wingnut
Wingnut
  • Threads: 0
December 20th, 2015 at 4:29:59 PM permalink
Havent stayed at Roadhouse but HS rooms are very nice if not in the motel part. They have a few crap rooms. When it was the Sheridan they did have some hot tub suites though, but have remodeled since then.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 20th, 2015 at 7:43:26 PM permalink
If you want a whirlpool tub in your room, Roadhouse. If not, Horseshoe. I've never stayed at HS though because my g/f likes the tub, but I'd assume the HS room is a bit nicer than Roadhouse, and definitely closer to the main action.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 20th, 2015 at 7:51:52 PM permalink
It amazes me that people use tubs in a hotel. I even wear water shoes in the showers.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder 
  • Threads: 26
December 22nd, 2015 at 8:01:09 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

It amazes me that people use tubs in a hotel. I even wear water shoes in the showers.

Tubs are not my thing, can't imagine they are cleaned properly. Just found a room at The Fitz for just over half the price of HS and Roadhouse, probably stay there.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
December 22nd, 2015 at 8:32:18 AM permalink
Thanks GWAE!
Now I have to add the showers and tubs to my list of concerns, things I really had ignored.
I had the toilet seat worries, the bedspread/comforter worries, the door handle worries, etc.
Soon I'll be reduced to hiding in my basement...... ;-)

And yes, I already always carry my own pillow.....
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 22nd, 2015 at 6:22:08 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Thanks GWAE!
Now I have to add the showers and tubs to my list of concerns, things I really had ignored.
I had the toilet seat worries, the bedspread/comforter worries, the door handle worries, etc.

Get a ziplock baggie. Get Clorox wipes, those that come in a roll inside a canister. Put 1/2 dozen wipes in a baggie, seal well, put it inside your baggage or car.

Check in to hotel room. Take baggie to bathroom. Wipe door handle, toilet seat and handle, sink basin and handles, tub/shower enclosure and handles. 5 minutes work. Relax the rest of your stay; you've already met all the germs you'll encounter from there on out.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 22nd, 2015 at 7:00:46 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Thanks GWAE!

Don't forget the remote control. They say it is the dirtiest thing in a room.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 22nd, 2015 at 9:53:12 PM permalink
That's probably even more true of the hotels with, "In-Room Movies."
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 22nd, 2015 at 11:03:35 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

That's probably even more true of the hotels with, "In-Room Movies."

C'mon Mission!!!
  • Jump to: