MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 270
May 17th, 2017 at 8:21:44 PM permalink
I'm sure there are some who appreciate the OP's "warning," but if I still lived in NJ I'd tell him to blow it out his ...

"People" are people too.
"What, me worry?"
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 79
May 17th, 2017 at 9:14:43 PM permalink
I think one "person" is approximately 3/5 of a person.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
May 17th, 2017 at 9:37:07 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I'm sure there are some who appreciate the OP's "warning,"

Well, if you know any classic Archie Bunker types, you could tell them it's the BEST time to visit AC.
prisoner of gravity
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 58
May 17th, 2017 at 9:39:16 PM permalink
I love the PNC. Great place to see a show. Much less uptight than Jones Beach, which generally gets the same acts a day or two before or after.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
aerules
aerules
  • Threads: 0
May 18th, 2017 at 4:45:39 AM permalink
I prefer BB&T. The downside of PNC is that there is no pit😀
I'm the Great Cornholio. I need TP for my Bunghole
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 22
May 18th, 2017 at 1:34:24 PM permalink
I would appreciate the warning, but I avoid all of North Jersey all the time to avoid the rap areas lol. But, it is a valid concern, many concerts lead to rowdiness, but large rap concerts have historically been linked to shooting and gang conflicts, its just a reality.
"Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another; and it becomes my duty to guarantee as well as to possess. -Thomas Paine
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 58
May 18th, 2017 at 2:05:17 PM permalink
Where is BB&T? Is that the one in Camden? Home to so many of "those people"? That place changes names even more often than the arena at Jones Beach.
That's the downside of taking corporate sponsorship.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
aerules
aerules
  • Threads: 0
May 18th, 2017 at 2:21:09 PM permalink
Yes it is
I'm the Great Cornholio. I need TP for my Bunghole
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
May 18th, 2017 at 6:01:00 PM permalink
Looks like many of the tickets for this are either $113 or $281 each, with a minimum purchase of two, plus tax & fees, depending on how close ya wanna get to the latest version of "bad boys" manufactured by the entertainment industry. So, I'm picturing several thousand spoiled suburban kids who went out to the mall and got their gangsta on at the Gap with daddy's AMEX card in order to feel appropriately dangerous at the New Jersey stop on the "Nobody Safe Tour" (*snicker*snort*giggle*).

Ho-hum. Seen that, done there. Decades ago, a time or two or ten, mostly sometime in the last century. Has always been the easiest kind of opportunity in the world for even the most doufus loser type horny guy to score a little sumpin-sumpin. Foolproof instructions: Don't shower, don't shave, throw on the most stanky duds that have been marinating in the bottom of the clothes hamper, go up to a gaggle of the bored suburban snots at something like this and speak to them as crudely as possible, like you've been raised by wolves, and you'll already be on third base. Some things truly never change:

Last edited by: DrawingDead on May 18, 2017
Nevermind.
RossH
RossH
  • Threads: 7
May 18th, 2017 at 7:57:36 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

Looks like many of the tickets for this are either $113 or $281 each, with a minimum purchase of two, plus tax & fees, depending on how close ya wanna get to the latest version of "bad boys" manufactured by the entertainment industry. So, I'm picturing several thousand spoiled suburban kids who went out to the mall and got their gangsta on at the Gap with daddy's AMEX card in order to feel appropriately dangerous at the New Jersey stop on the "Nobody Safe Tour" (*snicker*snort*giggle*).

Ho-hum. Seen that, done there. Decades ago, a time or two or ten, mostly sometime in the last century. Has always been the easiest kind of opportunity in the world for even the most doufus loser type horny guy to score a little sumpin-sumpin. Foolproof instructions: Don't shower, don't shave, throw on the most stanky duds that have been marinating in the bottom of the clothes hamper, go up to a gaggle of the bored suburban snots at something like this and speak to them as crudely as possible, like you've been raised by wolves, and you'll already be on third base. Some things truly never change:

I'm sure a lot of people in the past have had the same mentality. However as referenced by the articles linked rap concerts tend to be violent. Even in the areas around the arenas tend to be the worst. I worked in the DA's office in LA, and 95% of the cases I handled regarding rap concerts happened after the show in the immediate area of the venue. (i.e. roads leading to the venue and bus stops next to the venue)

• Jump to: