gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 620
April 20th, 2017 at 6:35:17 AM permalink
I go to AC a couple times per month, and have always played in CET properties because they've given me decent comps. But recently I went to Resorts for the first time, and is it just me or do they seem super stingy with comps?

When I opened a new players card, I asked if they tier matched or had any promotions for new players with premium cards. The girl said "No, we actually don't have any new player promotions." ..... meanwhile 2 other friends who were helped by someone else got $25 free play and a bunch of coupons....

I played for a bit and did maybe $2k coin-in on slots, and my card balance is showing a whopping 0 tier points and $0.10 comp dollars.

On top of what seems like terrible comps/customer service, there was a huge number of broken machines, and no cocktail waitresses. I don't think I'm going to spend much time here.
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 307
April 20th, 2017 at 2:00:11 PM permalink
I can't really comment on the slots for earning comps, I play only table games at Resorts. But I did notice, they were ok with comping me for 30 minutes of play at a $25 Blackjack game.

My average bet was $100 that day and I made a decent chunk of change when I cashed out. Went to check my comps and it was $13.45, so enough to get a meal at the food court.

Perhaps your card wasn't inserted properly in the machine? I noticed when I did play the slots for the bonus slot play, it took a few attempts to get the card to register in the machine. Also, they currently have a promotion for new and inactive members, so I don't know if you qualified or not at the time, but maybe wait a year and go back to see if you qualify?

From what I hear, Tropicana is the most generous with Comps followed by Resorts. CET are by far the stingiest with Comps and if it were not for the free room offers, I would probably stop going all together to CET properties.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 1534
April 20th, 2017 at 2:10:33 PM permalink
Its $250 coin in per point at resorts so u sgould hav earned about 8 points

Did u check online? At the casino their system upgrades a bit slow so if u didnt wait a few minutes it might not show. Especially if u checked at the slot machine itself
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 1534
April 20th, 2017 at 2:13:26 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

I can't really comment on the slots for earning comps, I play only table games at Resorts. But I did notice, they were ok with comping me for 30 minutes of play at a $25 Blackjack game.

My average bet was $100 that day and I made a decent chunk of change when I cashed out. Went to check my comps and it was $13.45, so enough to get a meal at the food court.

Perhaps your card wasn't inserted properly in the machine? I noticed when I did play the slots for the bonus slot play, it took a few attempts to get the card to register in the machine. Also, they currently have a promotion for new and inactive members, so I don't know if you qualified or not at the time, but maybe wait a year and go back to see if you qualify?

From what I hear, Tropicana is the most generous with Comps followed by Resorts. CET are by far the stingiest with Comps and if it were not for the free room offers, I would probably stop going all together to CET properties.



Tropicana is most generous with offers AND most quick to renege on them. Even stopping in and using comp dollars to buy a cup of coffe can result in ur account being locked

If u did $2k in coin in and come back take freeplay and only do $500 coin in ur card can be locked. They insist on consistent and same level play
DiscreteMaths2
DiscreteMaths2
Joined: May 4, 2016
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 237
April 20th, 2017 at 5:30:07 PM permalink
On the boardwalk I like Bally's / Caesars because the machines actually display your point progression and that you can order drinks from the machine. At the Trop and Resorts it's a mystery what each machine gives in points and there definitely some cocktail waitress deadzones. I haven't done the bookkeeping but Resorts has given me good freeplay after some miserly coin in so I don't feel like they would be the worst.
Assume the worst, believe no one, and make your move only when you are certain that you are unbeatable or have, at worst, exceptionally good odds in your favor.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 116
  • Posts: 4435
April 20th, 2017 at 6:51:16 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I go to AC a couple times per month, and have always played in CET properties because they've given me decent comps. But recently I went to Resorts for the first time, and is it just me or do they seem super stingy with comps?

When I opened a new players card, I asked if they tier matched or had any promotions for new players with premium cards. The girl said "No, we actually don't have any new player promotions." ..... meanwhile 2 other friends who were helped by someone else got $25 free play and a bunch of coupons....

I played for a bit and did maybe $2k coin-in on slots, and my card balance is showing a whopping 0 tier points and $0.10 comp dollars.

On top of what seems like terrible comps/customer service, there was a huge number of broken machines, and no cocktail waitresses. I don't think I'm going to spend much time here.

Seems strange. I played until I lost $100 a few years ago and I'm sure I got about $7 in comps to eat. Maybe there is more than one selection on the machines and you picked the wrong one. They screwed me over on a new member promotion $100 loss rebate that was never delivered on, they even intentionally entered a different PIN number than I requested. Atlantic City casinos aren't suckers, they'll con the cons with no remorse or consequences. All I can think is actual losses or wins affect comps or there is a delay before your play hits the system. Maybe if you checked it the next day or hours later, you'll see more in comps.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 1534
April 20th, 2017 at 9:12:37 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Seems strange. I played until I lost $100 a few years ago and I'm sure I got about $7 in comps to eat. Maybe there is more than one selection on the machines and you picked the wrong one. They screwed me over on a new member promotion $100 loss rebate that was never delivered on, they even intentionally entered a different PIN number than I requested. Atlantic City casinos aren't suckers, they'll con the cons with no remorse or consequences. All I can think is actual losses or wins affect comps or there is a delay before your play hits the system. Maybe if you checked it the next day or hours later, you'll see more in comps.



Their system delay is only a few minutes. Nothing major

One possibility is he demagnetized his card by keeping it near his cell phone and nothing registered when he inserted it. Thats rare but i have seen it although not at resorts
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 620
April 21st, 2017 at 9:24:25 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Its $250 coin in per point at resorts so u should have earned about 8 points

Did u check online? At the casino their system upgrades a bit slow so if u didnt wait a few minutes it might not show. Especially if u checked at the slot machine itself


I logged in online and it says $0.77 comp dollars, 0 tier points

I didn't play a ton, but def more than the $250 coin in to earn a point. I also made sure my card was registering each time I put it in.

I'm not expecting any comps for a few hundred dollars play, I was just trying to see what their system awards since they do not publish it like Total Rewards.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 1534
April 21st, 2017 at 11:16:36 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I logged in online and it says $0.77 comp dollars, 0 tier points

I didn't play a ton, but def more than the $250 coin in to earn a point. I also made sure my card was registering each time I put it in.

I'm not expecting any comps for a few hundred dollars play, I was just trying to see what their system awards since they do not publish it like Total Rewards.



Sorry to say something went wrong with ur card. U can see if they hav some record of it at customer service that is the error may b internally but if ur card was simply not recording u r probably screwed

For 2k coin in u should hav $20-40 in shopping dollars. Different days are different amounts which may b why they dont publish it

Calendars are for 7 day a week freeplay but doubt u will get anything based on 0 points

  • Jump to: