FatGeezus
FatGeezus
Joined: Jun 12, 2010
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 418
April 6th, 2017 at 10:52:04 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

How much does it cost to maintain a building of that size? I'd imagine it is well into the six-figures every month.

You'd think they would be a little more motivated to get this renovation wrapped up.



When the Revel was built a power plant was built just to supply electricity to it. It was eventually bought by the new owners.
ECoaster
ECoaster
Joined: Apr 21, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 75
April 6th, 2017 at 3:44:14 PM permalink
They have a play gaming site online...

play.tenacnj.com
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 8910
April 6th, 2017 at 5:27:01 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

How much does it cost to maintain a building of that size? I'd imagine it is well into the six-figures every month.

You'd think they would be a little more motivated to get this renovation wrapped up.



They're motivated, but the powers-that-be (Government) are allegedly not terribly motivated to work with Straub.
Vultures can't be choosers.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 537
April 6th, 2017 at 5:32:04 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

They're motivated, but the powers-that-be (Government) are allegedly not terribly motivated to work with Straub.


I wonder if there are any legitimate problems?

If he says he hates casinos so much, and that's the holdup anyway, couldn't he open it sans gaming in the meantime?
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 8910
April 6th, 2017 at 5:48:31 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I wonder if there are any legitimate problems?

If he says he hates casinos so much, and that's the holdup anyway, couldn't he open it sans gaming in the meantime?



It's not that he hates them, he just doesn't want to operate the casino. The State does not want to approve it without an operator in place. I think it was in February he suggested he might open it without gaming until that got sorted out, but it didn't end up happening on the date he aid it would, or yet, for that matter.

It would probably get approved if he had a specific operator, but I assume that's something he's still working on.
Vultures can't be choosers.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 12050
April 6th, 2017 at 9:48:55 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

It's not that he hates them, he just doesn't want to operate the casino. The State does not want to approve it without an operator in place. I think it was in February he suggested he might open it without gaming until that got sorted out, but it didn't end up happening on the date he aid it would, or yet, for that matter.

It would probably get approved if he had a specific operator, but I assume that's something he's still working on.

I thought I read something where he claims he is not a fan of casinos due to some morality issues or something like that.

Who knows what this guy is really thinking.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 8910
April 7th, 2017 at 5:42:38 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I thought I read something where he claims he is not a fan of casinos due to some morality issues or something like that.

Who knows what this guy is really thinking.



That's basically true, and why he wants to find an operator. I think he also wants an experienced company to be handling casino ops which is, of course, a good decision. For whatever reason, the state wants him as well as the operator to have a gambling license, so that's another hang up.

Today is actually the two-year anniversary of the official sale to Straub, wonder how he's celebrating?
Vultures can't be choosers.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 204
  • Posts: 10528
April 7th, 2017 at 6:05:42 AM permalink
He needs to bury his skeletons deeper and get licensed and get involved in the casino, not the hotel, not the gift shop, not the bar, not the lobby decorations... the casino!!!
jerrysnj
jerrysnj
Joined: Jan 8, 2015
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 90
April 7th, 2017 at 4:39:32 PM permalink
I hope I'm wrong but if he doesn't sell the property I could envision this being the largest implosion in Atlantic City history.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 131
  • Posts: 3288
April 7th, 2017 at 6:04:59 PM permalink
Quote: jerrysnj

I hope I'm wrong but if he doesn't sell the property I could envision this being the largest implosion in Atlantic City history.



I believe I read somewhere there is huge value in stripping the steel so it would be more of a dismantling. But I agree, it could happen.

  • Jump to: