KiwiROB
KiwiROB
  • Threads: 1
March 4th, 2017 at 12:50:32 AM permalink
Hi,

This is my first time starting a thread, in fact it¡¦s my first post here, hi everyone. While I am a self-confessed N00b when it comes to gaming maths it is something I want to be able to understand better. I particularly like Blackjack and I am (un)lucky enough to travel through HK and the US often for work. Having played BJ in Vegas as well as in Cotai, Macau I was hoping someone would be able to help break down the maths for surrender on ENHC games vs BJ in the states.

I can use a BJ House Edge Calc to work out the effect early/late surrender has on house edge for traditional hole-card BJ. What effect does surrender have on the house edge for ENCH games, particularly 6-deck CSM games like seen in Macau?

Thanks for your help, and thanks for such a great gaming resource.

Rob
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 4th, 2017 at 12:54:04 AM permalink
Welcome to the forum, Rob. Good question. I'm not qualified to answer it, but hopefully some of the guys will step up.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
March 4th, 2017 at 4:59:27 AM permalink
Rob,

https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/strategy/calculator/

Just configure that for six decks, no peek, and whatever the other rules of the game in question are.

I have it at Stand Soft 17, DAS allowed, in that case the changes (all in favor of Surrendering) are:

Hard 5,6,7 against Ace

Hard 12,13 against Ace

Hard 14 against Ace or 10

Hard 15 against Ace (as well as 10)

Hard 17 against Ace

3-3 against Ace

6-6 against Ace

7-7 against Ace or 10

8-8 against Ace or 10

Here is a house edge calculator:

https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/calculator/
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
KiwiROB
KiwiROB
  • Threads: 1
March 8th, 2017 at 6:58:46 PM permalink
Hi Mission146,

Thanks for the reply, I was looking for more of a statistical explanation.

The Basic strategy calculator is correct however the house edge calculator only allows for Late or None when it comes to the Surrender rule. I am trying to work out how the surrender rule for ENCH effects the house edge. It seems like it is closer to early surrender but not being able to surrender against an Ace makes it a little different. All the calculators I have looked seem to be for hole-card BJ.

Cheers,

Rob
Takeshi88
Takeshi88
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
KiwiROB
March 11th, 2017 at 4:09:22 AM permalink
Hi KiwiROB,

I have not done the math for Macau BJ before. But I have memorized the table from wizardofmacau.

Since you cannot surrender when the face card is an A, it is similar to TRAD BJ except you surrender on 14v10 because there is a chance that the Banker could hit an A. A surrender would mean you only lose half before it happens. According to wizard of macau, this reduces the house edge by 0.24% (14,15,16v10).
  • Jump to: